[SOLVED] Razer Blade 15 Factory Reset Stuck at 10% - HELP!

May 1, 2020
I saw that someone recently posted a similar thread, but nobody offered any real suggestion.

I recently bought a used Razer Blade Pro 17 from a local guy. Went to his house to pick it up. When I got there, I saw that he had started a factory reset, or what he said "It asked if I wanted a quick reset or a deep reset, so I chose the deep reset".

When I picked it up, it was at 10%. He said that it had been going for an hour, and assured me that this was normal, and that it can take several hours.

I drove the 45 minutes home, checking every so often at the laptop in my passenger seat to see if it progressed any. It hadn't.

Now, it's been over 3 hours, and it's still at 10%. Is this normal? Or at this point, should I be worrying about throwing money down the drain?

Also, is there any way that I can stop the factory reset without the risk of seriously damaging the PC?

Please let me know! Thanks!
20200501-215958.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
The worst thing that can happen is the need for a clean install of Windows 10, which is highly recommended since the reset failed. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/ Afterwords you may need to download specific drivers from the laptop website, but at least you will not be chasing problems left over from the previous owner.

BTW, the seller sold you what was supposed to be a working computer. As of this point it is not. The laptop has never booted in your presence, so you don't even know if it was working when you bought it.
A reset should progress faster than that. You are pretty much left with a hard shutdown (hold the power button down until the PC shuts off). Afterwards I would remove the battery, unplug the ac adapter and again, hold the power button down for about 10 seconds. Then plug in the ac adapter, press the power button and see if it will boot.

http://drivers.razersupport.com//in...w&parentcategoryid=652&pcid=648&nav=0,350,648

Last edited:
May 1, 2020
A reset should progress faster than that. You are pretty much left with a hard shutdown (hold the power button down until the PC shuts off). Afterwards I would remove the battery, unplug the ac adapter and again, hold the power button down for about 10 seconds. Then plug in the ac adapter, press the power button and see if it will boot.

Thanks for the reply! I'm genuinely freaking out because I spent a lot of money on this thing at a time when money is hard to come by.

I don't think the guy will allow me to return it and refund my money if it's bricked. Do you think there's any risk of damaging the hardware or cause irreparable damage if I follow your suggestion and hard shutdown? Then again, I guess at this point, it's not like I have any other options. I just really don't want to risk wrecking it if there's another way.

The worst thing that can happen is the need for a clean install of Windows 10, which is highly recommended since the reset failed. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/ Afterwords you may need to download specific drivers from the laptop website, but at least you will not be chasing problems left over from the previous owner.

BTW, the seller sold you what was supposed to be a working computer. As of this point it is not. The laptop has never booted in your presence, so you don't even know if it was working when you bought it.

Last edited:
Solution