Razer Blade Gaming Laptop Now Ships with Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

price to specs to size isnt bad, but if im gona spend that much i would like to spend a bit more for more up to date tech.

remember guys this is a portable gaming laptop, unlike the alienware/origin laptops which are just PC's in huge cases with 1 hour batteries.... not that they are bad, but this one is truly PORTABLE.

just keep that in mind when thinking of price and gaming technology requirements...

anhxeom

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
"an Intel Core i7 dual-core processor with Hyper-Threading (2.8 GHz base, 3.5 GHz Turbo)"

I didn't know there was a dual-core i7 ? did they disabled the other two cores?

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]penguintech[/nom]I want one of these so bad... too bad I am not rich...lol[/citation]

You want to buy a $2500 laptop that has a GT 660m or the lower end GT 555m? Good luck playing ANY intensive GPU games on that.

Razer is the Apple of Windows.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]echondo[/nom]You want to buy a $2500 laptop that has a GT 660m or the lower end GT 555m? Good luck playing ANY intensive GPU games on that.Razer is the Apple of Windows.[/citation]

Food for thought: If Razer is pricing their laptop so high, and the specs and style of build are very similar to Apple's Macbook Pros, maybe Apple isn't selling their laptops with as much markup as we thought. Maybe, just maybe, Apple's price is a little justified. Maybe their profit margins aren't much higher than industry standard.

Or I could be completely wrong and both Apple and Razer are selling their product with incredible profit margins. But eh, whatever.

G

What a joke ...even the gorgeous hp envy look more appealing....

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]xantek24[/nom]Wow! $2500!? The specs! Is that it!?![/citation]

We have a joke in the Malaysian tech community.
pay RM3K for a Y580 or USD3K for a Razor Blade, same specs,
Problem being, Malaysian Ringgit is worth 3 times less than the American Dollar :lol:

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]anhxeom[/nom]"an Intel Core i7 dual-core processor with Hyper-Threading (2.8 GHz base, 3.5 GHz Turbo)"I didn't know there was a dual-core i7 ? did they disabled the other two cores?[/citation]

The Dual Core i7s are essentially higher clocked dual core i5s with higher turbo.
i7-QMs are Quad Core mobiles, while i7Ms are essentially high end Core i5Ms

[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Food for thought: If Razer is pricing their laptop so high, and the specs and style of build are very similar to Apple's Macbook Pros, maybe Apple isn't selling their laptops with as much markup as we thought. Maybe, just maybe, Apple's price is a little justified. Maybe their profit margins aren't much higher than industry standard.Or I could be completely wrong and both Apple and Razer are selling their product with incredible profit margins. But eh, whatever.[/citation]
Does Apple make a gaming laptop?

I suppose the MacBook Pro is comparable. Though it has a smaller screen, but higher res, lacks the LCD touch pad to the right of the keyboard. They aren't exactly comparable, but then again, I don't exactly believe in gaming laptops.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
I'll take a 15" Macbook pro with Retina Display any day over this,
It will run STEAM just fine
2.6GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
512GB Flash Storage
Backlit Keyboard (English) & User's Guide (English)

Status
Not open for further replies.