Razer Blade Stealth: An Ultrabook, And One Half Of A Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Nothing really special to justify the $1,399.99 price...

Rather have a MacBook at that price...

>_>

Odd, when I configured a MacBook with similar specs to this machine it came out to be $1799.

At this price a MacBook wont have a core i7 or a retina display.

I'd rather have this all day and skip the "Apple" tax.

Lkaos

Honorable
Dec 13, 2014
I'm sorry, I just can't feel like an adult if I'm carrying something around with that glowing logo on it.

Wouldn't you feel as stupid carring something with a bitten apple at the front? I know i would...

About the lack of another USB Type A port...Editor, have you ever heard of a Hub?

dstarr3

Distinguished

Oh, there's a thousand reasons I wouldn't be caught dead with a Mac, either.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
About the lack of another USB Type A port...Editor, have you ever heard of a Hub?

I'll play devil's advocate and point out that hubs are an annoyance to carry around and if that's the route the manufacturer expects you to take, why not bundle one? I still agree with you though - in fact, there IS a hub that Razer expects you to use in order to get more USB Type A ports, the Core. And until Tom's gets their hands on one and tests a bunch of different cards in it, there's sadly nothing interesting about this review that NBC hasn't found out already or wasn't obvious from the specs.

hitman400

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012

>_>

Odd, when I configured a MacBook with similar specs to this machine it came out to be $1799.

At this price a MacBook wont have a core i7 or a retina display.

I'd rather have this all day and skip the "Apple" tax.
That is because that is the Macbook. Most of the price you are paying for that laptop is going into the design (thin factor, industrial design, keyboard, etc.) Comparable would be the Macbook Pro @ $1,500, but yes it is still an i5. However, that is because you are comparing a 2016 laptop to a 2015, so we'll have to see until June for Apple's new releases.

lvnvsales

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016

>_>

>_>

>_>

>_>

Gotta love apple fan boys aka lier's
Post a link where can can buy a like spec macbook !! You can't because macbooks don't have i7, i5 or even an i3. macbooks don't have USB 3.0 superspeed, UHD screen, Thunderbolt 3, Multi-point touchscreen, HDMI 1.4b.
The mac is a worthless piece of overpriced under performing crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.