Question Razer Chroma ARGB Hub

TK31

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Hi!

I recently bought a Razer Chroma ARGB Hub to try and unify all my lighting instead of using 2 different programs. The Chroma hub works great except the fans I have dont work with them, due to the fact that Aerocool decided to use a proprietary(?) 6 pin connector for its fans (Mirage 12 Pro) which incorporates both ARGB and PWM Fan headers in one, and kind of forces you to use its RGB/Fan hubs, even if its not required. So the problem i've located is that Aerocool's H66F RGB Fan hub isnt recognized by the Razer hub as an ARGB device. I've found a 6pin converter cable that splits it out to 4 pin ARGB and a 4 pin fan, but for some reason you lose PWM functionality, which is only available through its hub.

I couldnt find any information on this sort of issue with the Razer Chroma hub, apart from the fact its compatible with a ARGB standard, which im assuming the Aerocool H66F isnt compatible with. I've got it to partially work by using an RGB splitter with a recognized LED Strip, which just duplicates the signal sent to the strip, but no customizability.

Anyone got any other work arounds or potential "mods" that could solve the problem? I understand the Chroma Hub is a possibly niche/unpopular product,.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I would have thought that you can connect this way.

1. Razer Chroma system set up as instructed, uses their software for control.

2. Aerocool H66F system set up as instructed mostly. BUT the INPUT line to that Hub (uses a supplied cable with standard (3-1) pin arrangement) is NOT plugged into a mobo ARGB header. Instead it is plugged into one of the standard OUTPUTS of the Razer unit so it gets the Razer's display control signals.

3. On the hand-held control box for the Aerocool, use its controls to accept the external signals from a "mobo ARGB header", which really is the Razer signals.

Does that not work?

Reactions: TK31

TK31

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Sorry for the delayed reply, but it is currently set up that way however i think the problem is the Razer Chroma hub is limited to recognizing devices that conform to the WS2812b ARGB Strip standard which is frustratingly hard to find information on.

I solved the issue by piggybacking the ARGB signal given to a recognized device, it does just mirror the same RGB effects which is a slight annoyance but at least it works.

Heads up for anyone having further issues with the Chroma Hub, its very picky on device compatibility and manufacturers rarely list WS2812b compatibility in the specs for fans etc. Luck of the draw!