Razer Claims 'First' THX-Certified Laptop With Razer Blade Pro; Updated With Kaby Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

commenter112321

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017
This is a very misleading title for the article. According to their official website, only the 3.5mm combo audio port is THX Certified. The built-in speakers of the laptop are probably horrible like on all laptops.

Poozle

Reputable
May 9, 2015
The speakers are good, especially for a laptop, but no they are not audiophile quality if that is what you are looking for. If you are, you should still be excited for this laptop as now you can power your audiophile headsets off of this laptop

vfighter

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Razer bought THX a few months ago. So it isn't even something as simple as pay the fee, get the badge, it's buy the whole company get the badge.

GTAPC

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
Have they fixed the screen flickering problems when not plugged in with AC and wifi card issues (i.e. Killer Wifi cards)? If you can't fix these problems, I'm hesitant to buy any more products form Razer. I currently have a Razer Blade Pro 2016 version with GTX 1060 and out of the box flickering problems when not being used with AC. They take down their own forums with such problems that there is no update available. As for the Wifi problem, pshh.. I switched it with the New Intel Wifi card for just $15-20 on Amazon. Regarding screen flickering, I just use it plugged in with AC power...

Status
Not open for further replies.