[SOLVED] Razer Core X / MSI WS72 6QN issues

Oct 18, 2018
Hi. I have connected an MSI WS72 6QN laptop via TB3 to Razer Core X with PNY RTX 2080 ti, Driver release 461.34 and Windows 10 v1803 installed. All fans power up in the eGPU and card when TB3 attached to Core X's inbuilt TB3. Geforce Experience shows only the laptop's own GPU and not the eGPU. External monitor connected to eGPU shows no signal. Do you have any idea what could be preventing eGPU from working with this setup? Thanks for you help!

Solution
Not at all plug-and-play, but actually works now! The laptop is a WT72 6QN - I had typo'd before. The fix went like this:-
1. Update BIOS
2. Enable Thunderbolt update in BIOS
3. Update Thunderbolt FW
4. Ensure eGPU is turned on before powering up laptop. Did not connect external monitor, only eGPU to laptop through TB3.
5. Check Devices and add new Thunderbolt device
6. A new generic device is added to Display Adaptors in Device Manager
7. Update driver
8. Automatic search and instal of Nvidia driver didn't work, so download through Nvidia website.
9. Instal new Nvidia driver. Screen blanks and refreshes, then blanks completely. Left for a while, then forced shut down.
10. Connect external monitor to eGPU and restart.
11. It works!
Oct 18, 2018
Not at all plug-and-play, but actually works now! The laptop is a WT72 6QN - I had typo'd before. The fix went like this:-
1. Update BIOS
2. Enable Thunderbolt update in BIOS
3. Update Thunderbolt FW
4. Ensure eGPU is turned on before powering up laptop. Did not connect external monitor, only eGPU to laptop through TB3.
5. Check Devices and add new Thunderbolt device
6. A new generic device is added to Display Adaptors in Device Manager
7. Update driver
8. Automatic search and instal of Nvidia driver didn't work, so download through Nvidia website.
9. Instal new Nvidia driver. Screen blanks and refreshes, then blanks completely. Left for a while, then forced shut down.
10. Connect external monitor to eGPU and restart.
11. It works!

Solution