Razer Edge Gaming Tablet Will Ship with Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

chumly

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
this is the only tablet available wit a discreet gpu. although it's pretty niche, i could see the attraction to raiding on the toilet. you would never have to leave if you got a fridge and phone in there.

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
it's a rip off why would anyone bother? there is plenty hand helds that are cheaper , the hardware in this table is max of $400, never understand why tablets are so bluntly ripping of the consumers

zehnman2

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
I think its pretty impressive that it can handle some decent games. I think it has a GTX 660m crammed in there with an i7 option as well...
that being said, I'm fairly certain no one will buy it because i don't think it will serve well as a tablet OR a gaming pc. I

Theflyingp

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
"Razer is saving you the trouble of downloading and installing Steam on the Razer Edge gaming tablet."

...I'm sorry, what? It's less than 2MB..

siuol11

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Knowing the quality of all the Razer accessories I've bought over the years, I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]zehnman2[/nom]I think its pretty impressive that it can handle some decent games. I think it has a GTX 660m crammed in there with an i7 option as well...that being said, I'm fairly certain no one will buy it because i don't think it will serve well as a tablet OR a gaming pc. I[/citation]
if it were a 660m in there, it would actually be good, but no. it has a 640m, which is not good.

chumly

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
If you actually look at the benchmakrs, it's playing a lot of games >60 fps @ 1366x768. That's better than the M$ surface can do. There honestly isn't another piece of hardware in this things class (after all it is just a tablet, you don't even have to buy the handlebars).

Yes, it's a little heavy.
Yes, the price is too steep.

However (comma) this is a very good indication of things to come. I like the idea of a tablet being as powerful as a desktop (who wouldn't?). At the same price point as the M$ Surface, this having a discreet gpu makes this the winner in my book.

G

hopefully version 2 will ship with something like a 750m at the same price point, then id be interested

Maybe, they could release an AMD APU version at a similar price to an iPad that would be very popular and games would look so much better than any other tablet

G

hopefully version 2 will ship with something like a 750m at the same price point, then id be interested

Maybe, they could release an AMD APU version at a similar price to an iPad that would be very popular and games would look so much better than any other tablet

janetonly42

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Fot the cash they want for this anemic device you could put together a decent real computer that would actually play SkyRim and others on STEAM.

bull22

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
This is one of the first steps towards a better and cheaper gaming tablet market. I for one am excited to see this thing not do well so us as consumers can get plausible prices

zeratul600

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
oh god people her it's so narrow minded, damn its a pc in the size of a goddamn tablet, of course that is gonna be heavy and drain a lot of power, but this thing could actually means a change in the form of pc, not like that stupid thing saying that tablets will kill pc, this is a pc evolved in the form of tablet, who cares if i can't pay it, I just pray a lot for it to become a successful product and they begin to make it cheaper, just like it always happens with new technologies. BTW I dont know who the the f*ck will say that razer has low quality products, but for me they made the best pc products that I'd ever use

lradunovic77

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
Joke OS for joke tablet where some joke from MS thought that tablets are PC and some another joke from Razer thought that must be true, let's build hardware for that joke OS

Windows -> time to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.