Razer Intros Orbweaver Mechanical Keypad; Game Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estix

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
A 360 controller that lets you remap the buttons is a great thing indeed!

I'm usually not a fan of Razer per se, but that has my Tentative Seal of Approval

itzsnypah

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
Oh my goodness oh my goodness. If I were able to have buttons for my middle and ring fingers while playing CoD I could totally be a panic knifer (I play on tactical) and call in mah kill streaks faster! Maybe bind grenades too (although with the pick 10 system I rarely use more than just a single Semtex).

Make for PS3 Please Razor. I wouldn't even care if the controller was the size of the xbox one.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]nuclearshadow[/nom]$80 for a gamepad? Maybe I am just getting old but I cannot find that price to be reasonable.[/citation]
My original thought too. But it has another row of keys that most gamepads don't have... and I actually would rather spend $80 for a mechanical key gamepad than $50 for a gamepad without mechanical keys.

Then again... I'm still trying to give myself an excuse to buy a gamepad in the first place.

That re-worked and re-designed Nostromo n52 is still an n52. I like the resizing stuff, but Damn... What's with that price tag? OMG, that's so overpriced! Even more when you think about Razers software and drivers; they're awful!

I'll stick to my faithful and original Belkin Nostromo n52. Nothing beats the original! hahaha

Cheers!

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]Yuka[/nom]That re-worked and re-designed Nostromo n52 is still an n52. I like the resizing stuff, but Damn... What's with that price tag? OMG, that's so overpriced! Even more when you think about Razers software and drivers; they're awful!I'll stick to my faithful and original Belkin Nostromo n52. Nothing beats the original! hahahaCheers![/citation]

Actually, the re-worked and re-designed Nostromo n52 is not the same as the Belkin n52. Razer botched up the software horrendously. Be thankful you have the original Belkin product.

guavasauce

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
[citation][nom]nuclearshadow[/nom]$80 for a gamepad? Maybe I am just getting old but I cannot find that price to be reasonable.[/citation]
$80 for the xbox controller, $130 for the game pad. very sad pricing.

Cy-Kill

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I had the last Razer Xbox/PC controller for less than a day. When I tried to set it up, it didn't work properly, when moving the left stick up & down, the applet within Windows that showed the XY axis, instead of going up & down on the Y axis, it would go left & right on the X axis, same with the right stick. And then going left & right on either the left or right sticks, it would go up & down on the Y axis.

So, I will not touch a Razer hardware product again as long as I live!

lordstormdragon

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
The Orbweaver costs more than the Logitech G13, and lacks much of the functionality. Granted, the mechanical keys might be nice... But it has fewer buttons and no display, and no joystick for your thumb? I guess I'd have to try the little d-pad to decide, but this product does not appear to outdo the G13 in any useful way. I've never had the G13's keys act unresponsive; is there any need for mechanical keys on such a device?

G

Love me some razer stuff for PC but people still play on the crapbox really? Lots of 12 year olds out there I guess...

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
[citation][nom]guavasauce[/nom]$80 for the xbox controller, $130 for the game pad. very sad pricing.[/citation]

You think that's sad? you should check out the Australian Razer site, $120 for the Sabertooth, $180 for the Orbweaver.

ochophosphate

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Love the idea of a revamped n52 with mechanical keys, but wow that's just a ridiculous MSRP. My full sized mechanical keyboard was cheaper than that, they're out of their minds.

I still have an original Belkin n52, so unless this thing plummets in price I'll just stick to my original.

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Considering that a SCUF Controller is well over $100 (plus shipping) and only adds two buttons (non programmable), the price on the Sabretooth is very good. The main problem with Razer and their 360 controllers is durability. The Onza was very disappointing (I didn't own one myself), watching reviews that the sticks died after a month and the button mapping didn't work have the time. If it works, it's a great idea and it WILL sell, if it doesn't, Razers done.

Status
Not open for further replies.