Mar 18, 2020
I've got an issue with my Razer Kiyo webcam (the only webcam I have for my desktop PC; it has no built-in cam) not functioning with Zoom, which I need to use for work meetings. I've done all the troubleshooting I know how to.

When I open the Zoom app (using Windows 10), and even when I use Zoom within the Google Chrome browser as an extension, it only shows a black screen with all video settings set to be using the Razer Kiyo - although it only reads as USB Video Device (though it can only be the Kiyo).

I feel like when Zoom opens initially, I get a .0001 second's worth of video that's being captured by the Kiyo because I get a glimpse of my face, but it typically goes directly to black, despite the Kiyo clearly functioning, its ring light being on, etc. The microphone/audio portion also works just fine.

Things I've done already:
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled the Zoom app.
  • Updated and confirmed Kiyo drivers are all up to date via both Razer Synapse & through Windows Device Manager.
  • Restarted computer.
  • Made sure all app permissions on Windows were allowing Kiyo to work with Zoom.
What might I be missing?

Jan 12, 2021
Not sure if you resolved this but I had this same issue. I had changed the camera settings (under advanced) related to exposure in the Razer Synapse app. I returned to this section of settings and moved the exposure slider back and fourth and saw a proper video feed return. I think what was happening was the camera was turning on and the sensor would blowout and turn off. Manually modifying the exposure causes the sensor to turn on and re-calibrate. I restored the exposure to auto and just modified the brightness and contrast in the app settings and haven't seen any problems since. It's not ideal as the real fix is exposure for my room but at least the issue doesn't happen any more. I filed a bug with Razer on this issue as well. Hopefully it can be fixed at some point.