Razer kraken 7.1 cord messed up

Noah111

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
My razer kraken 7.1 chroma has had a issue for a while, for about 6 months there has been pretty bad kinks in the cord. I untangle the cord and get rid of all the knots but the kinks will not go away I could pull on it with a lot of force but I feel like that would give the risk of my cord breaking completely. What should I do? I don't have the money to buy a new headset.

here is pictures of cord
https://imgur.com/a/A09mlLZ

Solution
Some of those kinks could probably be taken out by twisting the wire in the opposite direction of the kink. It's hard to explain without being able to show. Once you have the kinks out, to help straighten the wire you need a consistent force. Gravity works well. You might try hanging the headset up so the cord hangs straight. Tying a tennis shoe (just one and nothing heavier) to the cord will apply a gentle constant force that will help pull the wire straight. It'll take quite awhile. A week or more probably. If you do this to a wire that is still kinked, it's not going to fix the kink so you need to get those out first.
Some of those kinks could probably be taken out by twisting the wire in the opposite direction of the kink. It's hard to explain without being able to show. Once you have the kinks out, to help straighten the wire you need a consistent force. Gravity works well. You might try hanging the headset up so the cord hangs straight. Tying a tennis shoe (just one and nothing heavier) to the cord will apply a gentle constant force that will help pull the wire straight. It'll take quite awhile. A week or more probably. If you do this to a wire that is still kinked, it's not going to fix the kink so you need to get those out first.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS