Question Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 disconnecting issue

Oct 16, 2019
On the last couple of days i've had a problem with my headset where it suddenly disconnects from the computer USB port while making a poping sound and then connects again a couple seconds later. I've tried lots of different approaches like:
1 - reinstalling Synapse
2 - Changing the USB ports energy properties
3 - Connecting to different ports.
None of these semmed to do anything. I know it's a software issue because while my Kraken disconnects, all of the other devices keep running nominaly, and when I plug the headset to an old laptop of mine, the problem doesn't happen.
I've looked into Microsoft's forums and the answers I found were... let's say... not really helpful (they just replied the equivalent of "Try changing the usb port and if that doesn't work reinstall Windows or get in contact with Razer").
Browsing through Razer's forums I've noticed that many people are having the same issue that I am and they started having the issue at the same time I did, and the only response from Razer was returning the product... but that doesn't work for me since mine is long out of warranty...
Does anyone know anything that could be done to solve this problem?

PS: I haven't tried actually reinstalling Windows since I'm on exams week at college and I'm afraid that after the reinstall the sistem will get "unstable" and crash in the middle of an exam.

PSS: I'm running an FX-6300, 8GB HyperX Ram, GTX 1660 OC, 550W EVGA PSU, an ASUS M5A 78L-M LX motherboard and using Windows 10.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020
Have you found a solution to this problem? im running into it with my Razer Kitty Krakens. switched around to diff usb ports, reinstalled synapse, nothing works...