[SOLVED] Razer Kraken not showing up as headphones on PC.

I am Tron

Honorable
Jun 5, 2017
So i got my new headphones today and it does not detect as headphones in windows. I am using the splitter that came with the headset and it only detects as headphones when i connect it to the front panel without the splitter but i cant use the mic then. I had previously installed the motherboard's audio driver from the official site which was Realtek HD Audio Manager but even it wont detect it as headphones even setting it as headphones in connector retasking. I have the audio controller already enabled in the bios and i uninstalled the Realtek audio driver to see it works but it did not. My mobo is MSI B450 Tomahawk if that helps.

Solution
Make and model of the case and just for good measure, have you made sure that the front panel audio connector is snugly connected to the motherboard?

Perhaps see if the splitter works on a donor system. If so, then the issue could be with your platform. See what version of BIOS you're currently on and if you have any BIOS updates pending. Gradually work your way to the latest and then see if you have any OS updates pending.

For good measure, what is the model for your Razer Kraken? They have a number of them on their portfoilio.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of the case and just for good measure, have you made sure that the front panel audio connector is snugly connected to the motherboard?

Perhaps see if the splitter works on a donor system. If so, then the issue could be with your platform. See what version of BIOS you're currently on and if you have any BIOS updates pending. Gradually work your way to the latest and then see if you have any OS updates pending.

For good measure, what is the model for your Razer Kraken? They have a number of them on their portfoilio.

Solution