[SOLVED] Razer Kraken pro V2 sound cuts out for around 3 seconds, then comes back on

May 15, 2019
My Razer headset has been cutting audio in and out while playing games or streaming any type of video content. I've tried reinstalling drivers in device manager, to no avail. This is annoying due to the fact that most of the games I play require a full restart, to reinstate audio if cut out. I also tried looking this up many times, with no result or fix. I'm getting pretty desperate for help at this point, as I really don't want to lose these headphones.

Solution
I set the headphones as default using the razer application (Razer Synapse) and it stopped cutting out, when it does start cutting in and out again I notice its no longer set as default.

On Razer Synapse
I go to Mixer-> turn on THX Spatial Audio-> then the default option shows up.

-Edit- also make sure that THX Spatial-Synapse is selected in the sound setting for your computer instead of the razer headphones themselves.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
What's full system specs and OS?

Have you tried other headphones/sets? If another set is OK and there's no sound cut the problems is probably the Kraken.

Are the connected to motherboard audio out or are you connecting them via the monitor jack perhaps? Or are they USB?

May 15, 2019
What's full system specs and OS?

Have you tried other headphones/sets? If another set is OK and there's no sound cut the problems is probably the Kraken.

Are the connected to motherboard audio out or are you connecting them via the monitor jack perhaps? Or are they USB?

Yeah, I should have probably stated all of that. The headset is USB, plugged into the motherboard USB3.0, I have another headset that I have tested, and it hasn't done it with those. I've also tried other USB slots, didn't work.

Nov 25, 2019
I set the headphones as default using the razer application (Razer Synapse) and it stopped cutting out, when it does start cutting in and out again I notice its no longer set as default.

On Razer Synapse
I go to Mixer-> turn on THX Spatial Audio-> then the default option shows up.

-Edit- also make sure that THX Spatial-Synapse is selected in the sound setting for your computer instead of the razer headphones themselves.

Last edited:
Solution