Question Razer Kraken Ultimate making tinnitus sounds ?

Akronox

Prominent
Dec 21, 2020
Does anyone know what may be causing this? My Razer Kraken Ultimate makes a 3000 Hz tone that fades in and out and it legit sounds like tinnitus. I unplugged the headset while wearing it and the sound was gone, so it was coming from the headphones. Does anyone know how to fix this? (If you want an example of how that sounds like, search it up, but lower your volume to save your ears.)

May 7, 2020
I've had this before with an older Kraken. My issue was that the speakers were dying, but I've fixed headsets before by uninstalling and reinstalling drivers

May 7, 2020
How do I do that, and by drivers, do you mean sound drivers?

If you go into device manager, under "Sound, video and game controllers", find your headset and right click it. Choose Properties and go to the drivers group. Try updating them first, otherwise uninstall is what we are after. Your PC should reinstall them upon plugging in the headset again

Akronox

Prominent
Dec 21, 2020
If you go into device manager, under "Sound, video and game controllers", find your headset and right click it. Choose Properties and go to the drivers group. Try updating them first, otherwise uninstall is what we are after. Your PC should reinstall them upon plugging in the headset again
alright, thanks for your help!

I uninstalled the drivers, and restarted the computer, and it surprisingly worked, now the only thing I can hear is that ringing in my ear

started playing a video and the sound came right back, I think it's the hardware, Razer headsets suck

Last edited:
May 7, 2020
alright, thanks for your help!

I uninstalled the drivers, and restarted the computer, and it surprisingly worked, now the only thing I can hear is that ringing in my ear

started playing a video and the sound came right back, I think it's the hardware, Razer headsets suck

Doesn't sound like hardware to me. Allow me to ask some questions

1. Does this only happen in game
  2. What games in specific?

If uninstalling the drivers worked it's more than likely a software issue in my experience

Akronox

Prominent
Dec 21, 2020
Doesn't sound like hardware to me. Allow me to ask some questions

1. Does this only happen in game
  2. What games in specific?
If uninstalling the drivers worked it's more than likely a software issue in my experience

1. This doesn't happen in game, it happens as soon as I turn on the PC, and audio or no audio, that tinnitus sound is there

May 7, 2020
1. This doesn't happen in game, it happens as soon as I turn on the PC, and audio or no audio, that tinnitus sound is there

Ah excuse me I misread "video" as "video game". My bad. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers again, but this time when you reset your pc let it idle on the desktop and see if the sound is there
. This will give us a definitive answer

Akronox

Prominent
Dec 21, 2020
Ah excuse me I misread "video" as "video game". My bad. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers again, but this time when you reset your pc let it idle on the desktop and see if the sound is there
. This will give us a definitive answer
So, uninstall drivers by going to Device Manager > Sound, Video, and Game controllers > Uninstalling "Razer Kraken Ultimate" drivers, restart PC, and wait on idle to see if it has the sound?

If that's what you mean, then I did exactly that. When I booted up the PC the sound wasn't there. I played a video on youtube and the sound came back

Whoops, I uninstalled THX Audio - Synapse speaker, and I don't know how to get it back lol (fixed it by re-installing Synapse)

Last edited: