Razer Mamba TE Gaming Mouse, Hands On

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
I have this mouse and it's great. I combined it with the Razer Firefly Chroma Mouse pad.

I have paired my Mouse, Keyboard, and Mouse mat, with the same manufacturer (razer) and it's paying off. The Surface Calibration allows me to select the firefly mat, and it already knows it's pattern, and Lift off distance. Plus i can make some really cool RGB schemes that allow my keyboard, mouse and mat to mesh seamlessly.

It's obvious razer is trying to mimic Apple in a lot of areas, but they are at least pushing the boundaries, while everyone else reacting to everyone else.

hitman400

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
I have this mouse and it's great. I combined it with the Razer Firefly Chroma Mouse pad.

I have paired my Mouse, Keyboard, and Mouse mat, with the same manufacturer (razer) and it's paying off. The Surface Calibration allows me to select the firefly mat, and it already knows it's pattern, and Lift off distance. Plus i can make some really cool RGB schemes that allow my keyboard, mouse and mat to mesh seamlessly.

It's obvious razer is trying to mimic Apple in a lot of areas, but they are at least pushing the boundaries, while everyone else reacting to everyone else.

Hello. Can you please tell me how Razer is trying to mimic Apple? Just wondering. Thanks!

stefpats

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2012
I The Surface Calibration allows me to select the firefly mat, and it already knows it's pattern, and Lift off distance.

how exactly do you do that,cause i also have firefly and a razer mousepad and firefly is nowhere in calibration menu...

In terms of keyboard I would say everyone has been following Corsair. They pushed the boundaries of a well designed mechanical.

For mice, most follow Logitech. The G502 had most of these features, minus the 16K DPI the G502 has 12K DPI, but has the surface calibration and now the G502 Spectrum has RGB and can be linked to a Logitech keyboard (you can do this with the Corsair RGB series as well) and has precalibrated Logitech mouse pads in the software.

I honestly do not think Razer has been pushing any boundaries except their cloud based drivers which I am not a fan of since I have seen it cause issues with multiple other driver/software packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.