Razer Naga Epic Chroma (2016 I think) not registering in game.

GodsArmada

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
I thought this was restricted to just Warframe at first but this happens in Overwatch too (and other games, but these are the two biggest I play right now). This is why I brought it up here, instead of more directly to the developers of the games. I might have to ask Razer support, but I am hopping you guys might be faster. Thanks in advance.

What happens is as soon as I get in game the DPI settings from synapse seem to not be registering correctly. I have sensitivity stages set up to change on my scroll wheel tilt and that also does not work. I can tab out and see the indicator changing on my desktop, but the game will not register it. However, and this is what confuses me, if I unplug the mouse and plug it back in (while the game is up) it will work properly, but only until another match (Overwatch) or Mission (Warframe) is loaded. Then I have to do it again.

Razer synapse version: 2.2.1 (is set to run as administrator)

Solution
I just checked the stats on the laptop and all of the slots are 3.0. In that case the only thing I can think of is some of the ports are wired to be on even if the computer is off (but is plugged in) or something, maybe it was supposed to be a special thing where it charged devices faster or was higher powered, I do not remember. I think it was either the top two or the left two, I can not remember. They are all marked with SS. For now it is working though.

here is a link to the laptop https://www.asus.com/Laptops/N56JN/specifications/
It is an Asus N56Jn with an I7 and 760m

GodsArmada

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
I think I figured it out. I randomly thought to switch which usb ports it was plugged into and I flopped it around (had my steelseries apex plugged into one side and fan [it is a laptop] and mouse in the other).
I think the set up goes as follows.

2.0] LAPTOP[2.0
3.0] LAPTOP[3.0

I now have the mouse and usb extender (on the keyboard, which had my usb soundcard and headphones with my razer firefly plug into it) on the 3.0 slots if I am correct and both the mouse and headphones seem to be operating better now. (My headphones before seemed to just be off it was weird) I am assuming they were not getting enough power or something.

GodsArmada

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
I just checked the stats on the laptop and all of the slots are 3.0. In that case the only thing I can think of is some of the ports are wired to be on even if the computer is off (but is plugged in) or something, maybe it was supposed to be a special thing where it charged devices faster or was higher powered, I do not remember. I think it was either the top two or the left two, I can not remember. They are all marked with SS. For now it is working though.

here is a link to the laptop https://www.asus.com/Laptops/N56JN/specifications/
It is an Asus N56Jn with an I7 and 760m

Solution