Razer Naga Hex - Random freezes when Razer Synapse is running.

Red1982

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
I bought the Razer Naga Hex about two weeks ago. The mouse runs great except when Razer Synapse is running. Razer Synapse is the required software in order to apply updates to the mouse and to change button mappings. The mouse will periodically freeze only when Razer Synapse is running. If I close their software the mouse will not freeze. These freezes occur maybe once every few minutes and last for a split second.

I can close Razer Synapse and not experience any problems at all, but in order to apply the button remappings it must start once. I can then close it afterwards.

I have been in contact with Razer Support, but they have not provided anything to fix the problem. They have only suggested to reinstall the .Net 4 framework and Razer Synapse. This did not resolve the issue.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

docx45

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012

I don't have suggestions for a fix, other than to let you know I have the exact same mouse (Naga Hex), and I am now experiencing the same symptoms intermittently at the same interval (every couple of minutes).

I had no problems with the software for the first month or so, they seem to have surfaced after I moved some things around in my physical environment, thus unplugging and re-plugging in all the USB devices and such. I suspect the intermittent nature of the problem might make it hard for Razer to reproduce, thus it could be an elusive bug.

One additional symptom I will add, I now get a brief freeze whenever I change the DPI, either using the buttons on the top or a temporary DPI change when I bind one of the side buttons to sensitivity clutch.

Also like you, my short-term solution is to simply shut down the software and run it only if I want to make a change. The problem with this is that DPI cannot be changed on the fly in the middle of a game, and I do find the sensitivity clutch useful for first-person shooters.

I like the hardware too much to give it up just for this, but this kind of software problem does make me think twice about purchasing another Razer product, at least until word on the street indicates Synapse is rock-solid and problem-free.

It shouldn't matter, but I also have a Logitech mouse connected to the same computer.