Razer or Gigabyte?

GenericDouchebag

Reputable
Oct 10, 2015
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a gaming keyboard and two of them have are to my liking, those are:
Black widow 2014 and Gigabyte Aivia Osmium. Which should I choose and are there any better keyboards that are in the same pricing range with those two? Thank you.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Perhaps you should just run to a retailer to check them out in person. One person's preference might be different from yours. One thing I can tell you from owning both Gigabyte and Razer products is... they both have poor support... although Gigabyte did respond to an inquiry I made after nearly a week. A lot of people say Logitech has the best support, which is true... so long as you are within your warranty period.

GenericDouchebag

Reputable
Oct 10, 2015

This question was mostly for the quality of those keyboards. Which one will last more than the other? I really love the click sound of the black widow, however, I've read some bad reviews about it and I'm worried.

theyeti87

Honorable
I'm partial to Razer products. Can't stand mechanical keyboards (blast back to the 90's)

I own the Razer Deathstalker keyboard, couldn't be happier with its chiclet style keys. Razer Naga mouse, Razer Nostramo gamepad.

GenericDouchebag

Reputable
Oct 10, 2015

Well, I'm the type of guy that loves mechanical keyboards. I'm planning to buy a mouse: Razer Mamba Tournament Edition 2015/ Logitech 303/ Logitech 502 keyboard:Black Widow 2014/ Gigabyte aivia osmium mouse pad: Razer Goliath Small.
I was about to buy a kraken (headsets) however it isn't a worth for money headset.