Question Razer or SteelSeries? Help please

LvSLoLo

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2012
Hi please help me choose between these gaming mice I keep finding mixed reviews about both of them but to me they both seem good. I have large hands and use palm grip and I don’t really care if it’s wired or wireless. I want either the Steelseries sensei ten or the razer viper ultimate.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I prefer Steelseries as it doesn't include installing Synapse. That is almost a good enough reason right there.

I had a Sensei for 9 years, I almost got another one except I chose a Rival 600 instead. Almost same shape

I haven't used a Razor mouse in over 9 years now. So I cannot comment on that one.

D

Deleted member 14196

Agreed with the above 100%. Synapse is horrible. I have a Razer gaming mouse I use but only with standard MS drivers to make it livable

Colif

Win 11 Master
steelseries software mostly stays out of my hair, it just seems to get updated every week but thats likely adding features for games . I just ignore the updates. Set up profile, and rgb scheme, and you don't have to look at it again. I had a problem flashing its firmware once but that was buggy firmware and I should have known better with new software.

My mouse remembers the color scheme without needing software, you can't do that with Synapse. Have to be logged in to get colors. Maybe their mice have onboard ram now...

Feb 1, 2020
I'd go with SteelSeries, as I've used Razer (Still am.. next mouse will 100% be steelseries) and they tend to have a poor mousewheel lifespan and the smooth thingies are coming off on mine already and it's only 1-2 years old.

Pretty much they fall apart easily lmao
I've had a few SteelSeries peripherals and I love them, 0 issues so far.