Razer Ouroboros vs Logitech G502? Which is overall better?

DerpleNerple2000

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014
So, recently my current mouse started to ware and I wanted a new mouse. After looking for a little while, I have narrowed my choices down to the Razer Ouroboros and the Logitech G502. I like both of these mouses and I have hear almost all good about the both but, more specifically, Which one is more comfirtable? Which one offers more bang for the buck? Which has more features? If you have these mouse(s), your input would be very well appreciated as well!

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I, can not in good conscience, recommend a Razer mouse. I've had two of them, and they have both suffered from the same malady. A single mouse click will activate 2x or more, making the mouse unusable in certain applications. Such as going back multiple pages while browsing instead of one, trying to click a target to bring up a menu and having it bring it up and disappear in less than a second due to the second click.

If you do your research, you'll see that this problem affects multiple models of their mice. I had two different models affected by this myself.

I've never had a problem with any Logitech mice myself, and I've owned several.
I, can not in good conscience, recommend a Razer mouse. I've had two of them, and they have both suffered from the same malady. A single mouse click will activate 2x or more, making the mouse unusable in certain applications. Such as going back multiple pages while browsing instead of one, trying to click a target to bring up a menu and having it bring it up and disappear in less than a second due to the second click.

If you do your research, you'll see that this problem affects multiple models of their mice. I had two different models affected by this myself.

I've never had a problem with any Logitech mice myself, and I've owned several.

Solution

DerpleNerple2000

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014
I have been looking forward to the G502 more for the fact that its cheaper and seems to be more feature rich. I have heard a lot of complaints about the metal scroll wheel being hard to move and being slippery with also vibrating the mouse when it is moved. Can anyone confirm this (Or Deny)? If it is confirmed, does it get better overtime when using it?

ihaveapc

Reputable
Jul 7, 2014
It's only a disturbance if your hands are sweaty,most of the time you will be okay. Regarding the vibrating issue I have a g502 myself and have never experienced this.

DerpleNerple2000

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014
Yeah, I did not really mention it but, price is not a concern but, the lower is still technically better duh. On a side note, my friend decided to get a Razor even after showing him the G502 and on skype, he mentioned how all his macros were reset after restarting his PC and how he was pissed about it. I just want the better overall mouse. Comfirt, accuracy, stuff like that.

Dec 2, 2014
I just bought the G502 and it really perform awesome, it has a pretty good stability, the programmable buttons really help when playing shooting games, I use it to play Battlefield 4, Mechwarrior Online, Bioshock infinity and Total War Games.
I really love the scroll and its ability to move extremely fast when is needed. no software problems up now.

however, I recommend to use it with a mouse pad with backrest for the wrist for better comfort.

Shadowfuze

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
Hi,

I've owned loads of Logitech products over the years, many mice and keyboards, speakers, webcams etc. and I have never encountered a problem with any of their products - they're always superb!

Earlier this year I upgraded my very old and trusty Logitech mouse with a shiny new Razor Ouroboros and I am regretting it in every way. I have had nothing but problems with the Ouoboros and I WISH I had gone for a newer Logitech like the G502!

Killmeplsok

Reputable
Dec 5, 2014
I would never recommend a Razer product, had been a fan of it and thought the Deathadder is so comfortable that I could never live without it (resulting in 7 various type of Deathadder over 4 years), tried out the G502 as my first logitech mouse, probably never going to look back, granted I only own it for half a year now, it has last longer than any of my razer product before any problem arise.

I had a razer mouse mat which I still prefer over other mousemat though.