Razer phone vs Xperia XZ Premium - which one should i buy?

Solution
If you play on doing gaming go with the Razer.

Also make sure those phones will work on your carriers. Razer will NOT work on Verizon/Sprint or any CDMA carrier

sonyzz

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013

I live in UK and we use GSM networks so razer phone will work with any of networks, also xz premium will have fingerprint sensor (unlike us version) i kinda lean towards razer but im scarred about no waterproofing - i mean i had an accident in the past where i was saving my school money to get sony ericsson live with walkman, i got it 2012 february but 2012 december my mom accidentally put phone to washing machine with blanket it was a very sad day, since then i told myself to buy waterproof phones - now i use xperia z for 3.5 years and z2 for 3 years both working perfect never fixed, so i kinda scarred a bit :(

GSM does not inherently imply compatibility. GSM is a broad category based on the SIM technology.

Go to wiki and look up your carrier to get their frequency bands; compare those with gsmarena.com for the phone you want to ensure that they are compatible and on the right frequency type (the three major ones being 2G, 3G, and LTE).

sonyzz

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013

yes its working in uk, otherwise they won't sell it here...

We sold phones in Canada for quite some time that were not compatible with every carrier, since some used frequencies none of the others did, so again, I emphasize it is not inherently proof that it works. In the states, this is also sometimes a problem for T-Mobile customers. You also didn't specify you'd be buying it in the UK, so I was erring on the side of caution in suggesting that. If you can buy it and it works with your carrier, it apparently has wicked speakers. It's a big investment though, so unless you're buying it directly from your carrier, in either case, I would still recommend checking these specs yourself. My younger brother's experience with Sony wasn't fantastic, but he does seem to have a semi-miraculous ability to break things.

Perhaps the UK has managed their spectrum a bit better, but if they're like it's done in NA, you could potentially be on a carrier running strange bands, at which point it may not work. I know for my own carrier I have to be very careful which devices I purchase due to this fact; Most of Canada uses 850/1900 mhz; Freedom uses 1700/2100. Compatibility has improved, but it's still not absolute - hence my urging of caution for your own purchase.

sonyzz

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013

i checked on wiki and its compatible, every phone sold in EU must be compatible by law....like i bought mine xperia z and z2 not in UK but they work in uk