News Razer Preps Portable 5G Android Gaming Console

Sounds great for China or South Korea, but in the USA with extremely limited 5G services, it should be a massive flop.
even then its a hard sell.

Its Razer branded so it'll be "premium" costing.

Steam deck is the issue with all these handhelds in that its extremely cheap for what it does.

I mean logitech has a streaming handheld one for like 50-100$ less than steamdeck..and its awful price to performance. Razor will be more costly due to betetrs specs & stuff but still liekly a poor deal comapred to steamdeck.

Nintendo is likely only one who will thrive in a handheld market anymore vs Valve (due to Nintendo's IP's commanding a huge fanbase)

also....the thing is gross looking. Even die hard razor fans will notice that.

Reactions: _dawn_chorus_

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
How did the same company that designed the absolutely clean and beautiful line of Blade 14/15/17 laptops manage to let this monstrosity out the door?? This looks like something from Razer 10 years ago.

Giroro

Splendid
I don't understand why anybody with a phone would want a dedicated console to play phone games.

Most people have phones, so I'm guessing not many people will want to buy this thing.

demonicus

Commendable
Dec 7, 2020
why would they wanna flop and lose money like google stadia like someone else said. we basically all have super good phones... make a nvidia network like ps or xbox network would be the way to go and if it has 5g sure hope u can at least txt and make calls drop geforce now well i would

Wilazn

Prominent
Sep 30, 2022
I can already do this with my Samsung S22 ultra and a razer kishi v2 though... Who would pay a premium (it's razer you know it's going to cost a premium) for a device that will only play games and still need an additional cellular line?