Razer Reveals Refreshed Blade Pro Running Haswell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegasun

Honorable
May 31, 2013
"Well ok, Razer's big reveal wasn't the Switchblade as previously believed, but a Haswell-based, slimmed down Blade Pro laptop instead."

Not really the big reveal was the Razer Blade 14" 0.66-inches ultra-thin profile gaming laptop, the blade pro was just a refresh.

The interesting thing about the system is inside of that .66 inch chassis they have the same hardware as the 17', (Haswell processor and a Nvidia 765m).

I agree with Vegasun, don't forget the 14" portable gaming beast! it's just the right size for a nice all purpose laptop for the busy gamer
all in all, I'm very interested in seeing benchmarks, particularly battery life (gaming and regular tasks), noise, and temps on both laptops. it would be also nice if someone can open on up, and let us know how upgradable it is (namely if I can get a SATA SSD in the 14", or even a second mSATA)

allan_hm

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
It features a Kingston lock? lol... Wouldn't be a Kensington one instead?
I don't believe one of the biggest RAM makers would offer such kind of accessory...

lockhrt999

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
"Razer’s SBUI now includes several new, professional-grade apps and a wide array of new tools available at no charge, including programs like Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Pro, Maya, GIMP and more."
Are you sure? because Maya itself costs almost double of that laptop.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Why spend this when you can add a little weight and save a grand? These will sell as well as the rest of the ULTRA expensive laptops. Niche markets at best.
I can build a loaded ultra gamer pc, and still have cash for a loaded 17in regular laptop for this price. IF you actually want one of these, buy your own 512 SSD and install it yourself, taking the 128GB as a boot drive for your regular PC :) Saves $200 and you get a 128GB boot drive for your PC free. This change likely only take one or two screws.

cobra5000

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
I love this thing but I could never justify spending that much money, given the price/performance ratio. It's nice to be stylish but better to be practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS