ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
Hello,
I would like to ask 2 things related to the title, I would appreciate any responds, especially if you have the Seiren Mini, but again even if not, I would appreciate any help given.
So, first of all, right now I am using the Razer Kraken Ultimate headset and its microphone which has Active Noise Cancellation feature (rarely I use it). I also have Razer Nommo Chroma Speakers and lately I started using the speakers for games like Pubg, Enlisted rather than headset for comfort reasons as I don't care always that much about the accuracy of sound in such games. But when using the speakers I don't have a mic (it is not comfortable to put the headset on the desk to use it as a mic) and that's why I was planning buying the Seiren Mini. And here comes the question, if I play a game using the speakers, will the Razer Seiren Mini pick up the game sound when communicating with a friend? Because for example I might play pubg in duo and I will have to talk, will my friend here the game sound when I speak to him with result of having bad time communicating or it will be fine and act similarly with when I use a headset?
And now my second question is if it's fine using the speakers and the separate mic when playing, I would like to know if the 55$ Razer Seiren Mini will be better or worse that the mic of Razer Kraken Ultimate which costs 130$ (the whole headset)? I was thinking that the Seiren Mini seems a budget mic comparing to the more expensive Kraken headset but on the other hand, it is 55$ only for a mic where the Kraken it's 130$ for sound, mic, etc, so theoretically the separate mic should be better. So, yeah, if I get the Seiren Mini except from when I use it with the speakers, will it also be better to use it when I wear my headset?
Note that I don't have and neither buy a stand for the mic.
Sorry, for writing so much, I wanted to explain my situation and then write down my 2 questions, and sorry for any grammatical or expressive errors, my English is not so good.
Lastly, I should say that I am not searching for a mic, I have chosen this one because it is not too expensive and pairs up with my other Razer devices, and I am simply trying to figure out if it will work well with the sound of speakers and if it will be better than Razer Kraken Ultimate's ANC mic.
Thanks in advance for any responses,
Kind Regards,
Ioannis
P.S.: I upload below the photos of the products so you understand for which I am talking about and I will link the manufacturer's site as well. (I have read all the official specifications of both mics but can't be sure which one will perform better in real terms)
Razer Seiren Mini: https://www.razer.com/streaming-microphones/razer-seiren-mini/RZ19-03450100-R3U1
Razer Kraken Ultimate: https://www.razer.com/gaming-headsets/razer-kraken-ultimate/RZ04-03180100-R3U1

20201021095619_razer_seiren_mini_black.jpeg
razer-kraken-ultimate-1000-1437711.jpg
20180112103819_razer_nommo_chroma.jpeg

Solution
Hello,
I would like to ask 2 things related to the title, I would appreciate any responds, especially if you have the Seiren Mini, but again even if not, I would appreciate any help given.
So, first of all, right now I am using the Razer Kraken Ultimate headset and its microphone which has Active Noise Cancellation feature (rarely I use it). I also have Razer Nommo Chroma Speakers and lately I started using the speakers for games like Pubg, Enlisted rather than headset for comfort reasons as I don't care always that much about the accuracy of sound in such games. But when using the speakers I don't have a mic (it is not comfortable to put the headset on the desk to use it as a mic) and that's why I was planning buying the Seiren...

Akronox

Prominent
Dec 21, 2020
Hello,
So, first of all, right now I am using the Razer Kraken Ultimate headset and its microphone which has Active Noise Cancellation feature (rarely I use it). I also have Razer Nommo Chroma Speakers and lately I started using the speakers for games like Pubg, Enlisted rather than headset for comfort reasons as I don't care always that much about the accuracy of sound in such games. But when using the speakers I don't have a mic (it is not comfortable to put the headset on the desk to use it as a mic) and that's why I was planning buying the Seiren Mini. And here comes the question, if I play a game using the speakers, will the Razer Seiren Mini pick up the game sound when communicating with a friend? Because for example I might play pubg in duo and I will have to talk, will my friend here the game sound when I speak to him with result of having bad time communicating or it will be fine and act similarly with when I use a headset?
And now my second question is if it's fine using the speakers and the separate mic when playing, I would like to know if the 55$ Razer Seiren Mini will be better or worse that the mic of Razer Kraken Ultimate which costs 130$ (the whole headset)? I was thinking that the Seiren Mini seems a budget mic comparing to the more expensive Kraken headset but on the other hand, it is 55$ only for a mic where the Kraken it's 130$ for sound, mic, etc, so theoretically the separate mic should be better. So, yeah, if I get the Seiren Mini except from when I use it with the speakers, will it also be better to use it when I wear my headset?
Note that I don't have and neither buy a stand for the mic.
Sorry, for writing so much, I wanted to explain my situation and then write down my 2 questions, and sorry for any grammatical or expressive errors, my English is not so good.
Lastly, I should say that I am not searching for a mic, I have chosen this one because it is not too expensive and pairs up with my other Razer devices, and I am simply trying to figure out if it will work well with the sound of speakers and if it will be better than Razer Kraken Ultimate's ANC mic.
Thanks in advance for any responses,
Kind Regards,
Ioannis
P.S.: I upload below the photos of the products so you understand for which I am talking about and I will link the manufacturer's site as well. (I have read all the official specifications of both mics but can't be sure which one will perform better in real terms)
Razer Seiren Mini: https://www.razer.com/streaming-microphones/razer-seiren-mini/RZ19-03450100-R3U1
Razer Kraken Ultimate: https://www.razer.com/gaming-headsets/razer-kraken-ultimate/RZ04-03180100-R3U1

20201021095619_razer_seiren_mini_black.jpeg
razer-kraken-ultimate-1000-1437711.jpg
20180112103819_razer_nommo_chroma.jpeg
The Razer Seiren Mini uses what Razer calls "Super Cardioid" pickup pattern. It has a tight pickup pattern with a little bit on the backside, but I believe if you place your speakers correctly and have your mic at the center of the desk, your friend shouldn't be able to listen to your in-game sounds. Additionally, you can use Voicemeeter or Voicemeeter Banana (Voicemeeter Banana is for more experienced users) to customize your microphone's sensitivity, so it doesn't capture unwanted noises.

Reactions: ioannis2015v
Solution

ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
The Razer Seiren Mini uses what Razer calls "Super Cardioid" pickup pattern. It has a tight pickup pattern with a little bit on the backside, but I believe if you place your speakers correctly and have your mic at the center of the desk, your friend shouldn't be able to listen to your in-game sounds. Additionally, you can use Voicemeeter or Voicemeeter Banana (Voicemeeter Banana is for more experienced users) to customize your microphone's sensitivity, so it doesn't capture unwanted noises.
Ok, thank you a lot for your response. I see what you mean. And last question: will Seiren Mini be better in quality than Razer Kraken Ultimate's mic? Note that I will have it on my desk and not on a boom arm.

Akronox

Prominent
Dec 21, 2020
Ok, thank you a lot for your response. I see what you mean. And last question: will Seiren Mini be better in quality than Razer Kraken Ultimate's mic? Note that I will have it on my desk and not on a boom arm.
I've seen reviews and I also have the Razer Kraken Ultimate. The Seiren Mini in my opinion sounds really good, and for a low price as well. So good, it might be useful for voice overs for videos. The Seiren Mini audio quality is way better than the Kraken Ultimate mic.

Reactions: ioannis2015v

ioannis2015v

Reputable
Dec 12, 2018
I've seen reviews and I also have the Razer Kraken Ultimate. The Seiren Mini in my opinion sounds really good, and for a low price as well. So good, it might be useful for voice overs for videos. The Seiren Mini audio quality is way better than the Kraken Ultimate mic.
Ok, thank you a lot for your responses. You got me covered. So I guess I will buy it especially for its low price compared to the 100$ Seiren X.
Thanks again!
Take care!!!