Razer Shows First PC Case, Updated Nabu Smartband

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bad looking and I specially like the back lights. Man, It's a PITA to have your hand using a cellphone or some other light source to get some cables plugged in. I know it's not a wide usage thing, but my case is at ground level, in a dark place :p

Cheers!

Jynxin

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
Its not a ripoff of the fractal design R4, its the actual NZXT h440 that razor modded with green colors and special matte black color. i dont know how they can advertise it as there case when its a modded version of another company.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
As a newly owner of the NZXT H440 Blue i can see why everyne wants to jump on this case and rebrand it. Newegg has its own exclusive orange color, MicroCenter has its own exclusive green color, NZXT has its own exclusive blue.

This case is great but it has flaws. The fan hub sucks because it rns all fans full speed all thetime and the included fans needs to be palced in the trash as soon as you take the case out of the box because they move no air even at full speed. You need high static pressure fans for the front intake, tripple 120. If you dont have this then the case will not have enough fresh air with possitive pressure. One thing a really dislike about the case is the the PSUshoud is not removable, so when running cables it becomes tight.

The green is a good touch but it can get annoying real fast.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

This case does not need side pannel fans, the just block the clean view on the internals. It is a silent case that is best used for watercooling. Air cooling is also an option but idle temps will be warmer. I switched from a case that had 2 x 120 side pannel fans and although it helped with idle temps, load temps stayed the same after switching to the 440.

dovah-chan

Honorable
As an owner of a fractal design define R4 the H440 is definitely not a rip off of it - the only major similarity the two have is that they both have case doors on the front. Other than that they're very different cases altogether. Any similarity besides that is most likely because they are in the same price range thus will have similar features.

As for this rebrand I guess if you $80 extra on top of $120 for the initial price of a vanilla H440 its a decent buy. Especially if you're a fan of razer or just want an all green and black color scheme.

Personally I'm not a big fan of LEDs but razer's green on matte black scheme is okay. Really it'd just be cheaper to use cathodes or do some crafty case modding to get a similar effect without the razer logo in the mix.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

The H440 does not have a door in front, it is a solid piece with vents on the side.
The Razor H440 is not matte black, more of a charcoal gray with black accents ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.