Question Razer synapse 3 equalizer problem

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
hello!!! any razer software expert here?? i dont wanna to start analyzing the fault with razer support as i dont trust any support but i trust people on forums!!!
The problem is that i just bought Razer Blackshark v2 headset that has possibility of THX Spartial sound. i installed it without any problem. i even turned on THX spartial sound which is built in synapse for my headset but ingame sound is so flat on default. i am on correct playback device THX Spartial Sound. so i tried to customize my equalizer but it keeps resetting over and over again. i apply some chnages to EQ go back to the game...for 3 seconds it is showing true sound i just set but after 3 seconds it goes back to i guess default ,,flat,, sound. i even tried applying changes and then restarting pc but no luck

any ideas where is the problem?

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
it tends to work for one gaming session if i check some enchancements like bass boost or sound normalization but after i quit the game or maybe even altabing the game it goes straight back to default

+ right now i guess for THX to work i am on THX Spatial audio playback device, yet sound is like listenning through the cheapest headset on the market. when i switch to usb sound card playback device sound is waaaay better but i guess i dont have THX anymore

Last edited:

Rexer

Distinguished
Razer. Phifft. Sorry I'm mifft at them. I'm having Razer Mouse problems.
Have you tried going into device manager and turning off all other sound devices Microsoft may have installed. (Like realtek, AMD?) You only need one which I'm sure is Razer's software.

Graphic card manufacturers like downloading their special audio software along with driver updates and frankly it's a pain in the whazoo when trying to figure what goes wrong with audio.

Turn all that stuff off when you're installing you new headset software.

In Windows 10, go to Control Panel> Category> large icons (upper right hand corner)> Device Manager> scroll down to 'Sound video and game controllers'> double click 'Realtek High definition Audio'> find the driver tab> 'Disable this device'.
Do this with other video driver devices in Sound and Video game controllers.
Go back into Control Panel> Sound> click on Headset Earphone (which should say Razer Headset) and click the configure button. Click 'Apply' and you should be all set.
Hope this helps.