Question Razer Synapse 3 is making my mouse unusable ?

BrandonFitzpatricc

Commendable
Jun 23, 2019
I have a Razer Basilisk Ultimate. Fantastic mouse, but the horrendous software is pushing me to my limit. For around half a month now, I've had an issue where my mouse would randomly freeze for a few seconds sporadically. I originally thought it was a defective mouse, so I had a replacement sent. The same issue happened.

I eventually realized what was causing it. Every time my mouse froze, the calibration settings of my mouse would revert back to default instead of my manual calibration. Not only that, it doesn't let me change it back. When I try to click on my manual calibration profile, it won't work, and it boots me back to smart tracking.

I've tried just about everything to fix this. I reinstalled the software, fully uninstalled the software, tried using the peripheral testing account, made sure my drivers were fully updated, swapped out my mousepad, I even reinstalled Windows ffs. I shouldn't need to experience this much stress over a mouse.

As much as I love the mouse, I just want a refund at this point. But of course Razer isn't even offering that. Only another replacement, which would do me no good. So in other words, I'm forced to figure out how to fix this.

Is there some way to disable smart tracking? If not, then is there anything else I can try?