Razer tiamat 7.1 headset doesnt connect properly to my stereo pc speaakers

ahobodude

Reputable
Jan 19, 2015
So ive just recently purchased the razer Tiamat 7.1 surround sound headset and it takes up all of my audio ports on my motherboard back panel. which doesn't matter because the head set comes with an adapter to plug you speakers into right into the control panel of the headset to make it easy to switch from speakers to headset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YTubozx3zs#t=166 which if you watch the end of this video it will show you the set up of it with a surround sound set up.

the problem is though with my speaskers, http://www.gogroove.com/gg-basspulse-GGBP000100BKUS , only being stereo I only have one auxiliary cord from my speakers to plug into the 4 surround sound ports. So if I plug it into the orange it works fine but there is no bass at all, which sucks, and if I plug it into the green there is a ton of bass and its awesome, but nothing else just base, and the grey and black don't do anything worth mentioning.

SO MY ACTUAL QUESTION IS THIS.
is the some sort of adapter I can get to be able to split my one port into surround? obviously it wont make it surround, just to make my bass and speakers work at the same time?

Lutfij

Titan
What's preventing you from connecting your stereo speakers off the front panel audio header on your motherboard/case panel? In essence you'll be working off in reverse order as it stands surround sound speakers connect to the back I/O audio ports while the front is typically used by the headphones and is capable of outputing audio in stereo.

To split your audio connections form the back I/O that come from your sound card will be too much of a hassle. Your speakers are stereo input so you should look towards a single 3.5mm input instead of bunching the 4 surround cables to one. There's also the point about setting your audio options in OS to stereo and you'll be able to get stereo output from the green audio breakaway cable bundled with the Tiamat.

ahobodude

Reputable
Jan 19, 2015

I actually never even thought about that...I don't know why. thank you haha.