Razer's Game Booster Saves Your Game Progress in Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferooxidan

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
This was Iobit's Game Booster before Razer bought it and from my experience from Iobit time was the software is buggy. I don't know after it was bought by Razer, have anybody try it yet? is it good?

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
This was Iobit's Game Booster before Razer bought it and from my experience from Iobit time was the software is buggy. I don't know after it was bought by Razer, have anybody try it yet? is it good?
IOBit is a scum company, caught red-handed ripping-off Malwarebytes' anti-malware engine back in 2009. You can't get any more obvious than that (search "IOBit steals Malwarebytes" and read Malwarebytes forum thread by the founder himself). Nothing like a company who also used to provide p0rn from sub-directories of their web domain.Furthermore, read the reviews on whether this software actually helps you; you will see that it doesn't. If you have a computer built within the last decade you will not see improvements worthy enough to install and run this. Seriously though, how hard is it to stop services yourself through Windows' Services?

excella1221

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
If you have a computer built within the last decade you will not see improvements worthy enough to install and run this. Seriously though, how hard is it to stop services yourself through Windows' Services?
While I agree that Razer Gamebooster or any services alike are just glorified and overhyped, you have to realize that only a small chunk of the world population is actually tech-savvy enough to manually stop processes and services by themselves. Even those who spend most of their time in front of a computer but do not actually lecture themselves with these types of things would think twice before killing anything let alone look for where to do it. With applications like this, it does what it's suppose to do with a single click of a button.

Agree or disagree with me, but my opinion on that software is that it is garbage. Unless your running a very low spec then these sort of tweaks won't help improve your game performance at all. If your system is struggling that much already just upgrade your system!

For saving, it may or may not be good for backing up saves, but you could just sync your entire documents folder to your preferred cloud storage solving the whole issue without some untrustworthy software. Never thought save files were an issue, Steam backups a lot already, and if I really want to save my saves I will put them manually in my online storage when I finish a game.

Razer and their driver software has been a turn off for me, I don't buy Razer anymore though so it's not a big deal for me. An all in one package isn't always the best.

Obviously this is the same way Apple operates: Aims at people who dont want to invest their time in learning anything and want easy solutions, even if those are not perfect.Personally, i used it in the past, but nowsays i just make a backup and reformat every 6-8 months.In the past, it was a nightmare, but nowdays it takes 1 hour tops :D.

Open Broadcaster Software. It's free, lots of options, can stream or record to hard drive, not a resource hog, did I mention it's free?

Seriously though, don't waste your time on that Razer garbage. There are several good free software programs out there, but OBS is all you need in my humble opinion.

c123456

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
If you have a computer built within the last decade you will not see improvements worthy enough to install and run this. Seriously though, how hard is it to stop services yourself through Windows' Services?
While I agree that Razer Gamebooster or any services alike are just glorified and overhyped, you have to realize that only a small chunk of the world population is actually tech-savvy enough to manually stop processes and services by themselves. Even those who spend most of their time in front of a computer but do not actually lecture themselves with these types of things would think twice before killing anything let alone look for where to do it. With applications like this, it does what it's suppose to do with a single click of a button.
Press ctrl+shit+esc, and see that it takes only a single click there too.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
Press ctrl+shit+esc, and see that it takes only a single click there too.
Takes a few clicks actually but you have to know what to stop and they would have to know the difference between stopping a running process and a service that they should stop from running automatically. The average computer user would blank out if they were to see the process list and even worse if they were to see the services list in that window because of the way they are named. I mean really something named "stisvc" isn't exactly clear on what it is and even seeing "Windows Image Acquisition" won't mean much since they might think it has something to do with the video card and games in the first place. Managing services and running processes is easier now but still not something the average user can reliably do without risk of screwing up things.

Status
Not open for further replies.