Razer's Gaming Netbook Concept Set for Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Do want! With such a small screen it shouldn't need a terribly beefy GPU. Throw in a bluetooth mouse and you are set to play FPS too.

upsetchubbs

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
Hah that keyboard idea is actually kind of cool in a sense, if there are like ridges in between the keys so my fingers don't slide like on a touchscreen that's definately cool.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
3 razer products I've owned in last 3 years and all of them died within a year. Their customer service spun me around in circles for so long that I gave up. F*ck razer products...

pelov

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
[citation][nom]dotadpad[/nom]is that dota on a d-pad lol[/citation]

haha! win.

Yea, seems like fusion would be a better idea here. But it's a razer product, guys. It's likely to be extremely overpriced, have a load of LEDs and comes with a powerglove.

cold fire

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Since this is Razer we're talking about. This thing will take forever to be released (that's if it ever gets released).

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]I am not interested mainly because I am used to a 30 inch monitor for work.[/citation]
You would hold this closer to your eyes and its a handheld. You don't walk around with a monitor. You know just like you're able to use your 4" mobile phone screen.

The reason why you wouldn't buy it is probably price and the crappy Atom chip.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Epic fail because the game makers will not fall in line with that keyboard and how will it work if it has a full blown Win 7 on it.

G

the way his holding it reminds me of an oversize DS with only one screen....

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Seems like a pretty pointless device to me.

It's too big to fit in your pocket and therefore can't compete with real portable game systems like the PSP or 3DS or even just a smartphone.
People are not going to carry a small laptop around just for mobile gaming. If you buy a small laptop, u do it because u need it for work or university and a 7" laptop with a 50key keyboard is a very bad idea if u want to do any work on it.

Why would u buy this... thing... instead of a decent 10"-13" laptop? Alienware M11x anyone?

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
It'd make for a very good netbook; perfect size, good cpu and gpu.
Too bad the price is expected to be between $799 and $899.

So many blablabla about small size, but it's probably the largest portable gaming system to date!
Noone complained about the psp, or gameboy!

If I could run windows on it, and win games on the go,
and perhaps use it as a midi audio sampler, it'd make a wonderful tool even for professional musicians!

pelov

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
[citation][nom]ProDigit10[/nom]It'd make for a very good netbook; perfect size, good cpu and gpu.Too bad the price is expected to be between $799 and $899.So many blablabla about small size, but it's probably the largest portable gaming system to date!Noone complained about the psp, or gameboy!If I could run windows on it, and win games on the go,and perhaps use it as a midi audio sampler, it'd make a wonderful tool even for professional musicians![/citation]

good gpu/cpu? it's on an intel oak trail. The SoC will in all likeliness be much lower power draw than the current atom's at the sacrifice of computing power, and who knows if nvidia is down with supplying a new Ion for the upper end.

pelov

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
intel has no plans with Nvidia. so it's only intel supplying the graphics. You basically have a gaming device that can't game very well.

Fecal Face

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
I'll buy this if:
It's $400 or under
It can actually run games

[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]People are not going to carry a small laptop around just for mobile gaming.[/citation]
I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.