• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Razer's New Ifrit Headset Won't Mess Up Your Hair

rabbit4me1

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
Gezzz.. they should of opted for a true 80's hair band member. Hopefully this guys pic doesn't do a Nike for them.

theyeti87

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012

Nike's stock value today is higher than it ever has been. It took about 2 weeks for them to recover from the NFL thing.

AnimeMania

Honorable
Dec 8, 2014

Probably from all those people having to buy a pair of Nike shoes, so they could burn them.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
Stock price != brand value. I know a lot of people that have been frustrated with companies feeling the need to inject politics (in general) in their marketing. Let alone intentionally using a highly divisive football player who does his best work on his knees. "Give up everything you suck at... to make tons of cash playing a fake martyr. JUST DO EEET."

Now with that being said this is Nike, so they'll still remain popular. It's not like an unpopular brand trying to stay relevant. So while I don't think this will BENEFIT them long-term, I don't think it's going to hurt them much either.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS