Razor CopperHead, Laser Mouse!! Beware

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

siggsy

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
yeah but you didnt say that, you said "the best mouse to date", and there are many things that might or indeed might not constitute something being the best

its all in the wording! :twisted:

Exactly, it's all personal preference but when somebody calls everyone a noob for not agreeing with them, it's not very polite. Other people's comments where from owning several different kinds of mice, so a wider opinion is always good to see before choosing your mouse.

go with the MX1000 its perfect for games, it doesnt have the fancy dpi options but you dont need them, and b4 anyone says something ive tried other mice and dont like them the bigger size of the MX1000 makes it very comfortable on my hands and lets me play longer. btw im also 6 foot 2.

didnt the reviewers say it delays when you lift it and put it back down?

i got a G7 - woots great mouse

didnt razor also get caught putting in a crud sensor and state its more then what it actually was?

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
go with the MX1000 its perfect for games, it doesnt have the fancy dpi options but you dont need them, and b4 anyone says something ive tried other mice and dont like them the bigger size of the MX1000 makes it very comfortable on my hands and lets me play longer. btw im also 6 foot 2.

didnt the reviewers say it delays when you lift it and put it back down?

i got a G7 - woots great mouse

didnt razor also get caught putting in a crud sensor and state its more then what it actually was?

i nevver lift my mouse of the desk, infact i have it on quite a sensitive setting surprised if i move my hand anymore than a CM or 2.

cheetsy

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
my mx1000 doesnt seem to delay when i lift it and put it down again, to be honest i never really do that but trying it now it doesnt seem to have any delay

sejanus69

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
i would have got the logitech but they are mostly right handed mice, so i got the razer

I've only used it for one night but it seems fine. Not sure what you guys are complaining about. the sensitivity and smoothness playing quake4 was great.

FreddFfish

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
The G5 and the Copperhead use the SAME laser sensor so they perform pretty much identically, the only major technical difference (affecting performance) that I can see is the razer can pump its USB rate up to 1000Hz over the G5's 500Hz, though it's debatable what effective difference that makes.

I think it's basically down to personal choice on what shape of mouse you prefer. I only use my fingertips on my current Logitech mouse when gaming, I don't rest my palm on the mouse anyway and I think the symmetrical Razer feels like I could move it a bit more accurately than the G5. Other people find it uncomfortable in extended use and prefer the G5. I don't know why people are getting so worked up, it's really down to how you personally use your mouse.

So far I haven't got one yet though. They're kinda pricey and there have been so many reports of problems. At least with Logitech you always get a quality product. So I'm waiting to see if the prices fall a bit and give them time to fix the problems before I consider getting one.

Clarity

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2004
I've ordered the G5 over the G7. Always hated the wireless mouse, plus I don't wanna shell out money for the batteries. Plus, it might interfere with the wireless network setup.

306maxi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
Hey, look, here's a place :arrow:
If you want the fastest car. Buy what ever model that equals the definition of "the fastest car". If you want the most accurate mouse, buy a copperhead. Its that simple. Who cares if you think the interior looks better in the car that took 2nd, metaphorically speaking.

Quite simply put.... you are a jackass. A mouse is very much about personal preference. A great mouse for me might be a crap mouse for someone else on this forum. The best thing to do is to test out the mouse first. I just got a G5 last night and must say it's a great step up from my Intellimouse Explorer V4 mainly because of the teflon feet. The only thing I don't like about it is that you lose one of the thumb buttons but tbh I only had it bound to doing screencaps in games so it's not a huge loss.