Razor CopperHead, Laser Mouse!! Beware

aceprowler

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
I bought this mouse 2 weeks ago. I had a gift card for Best Buy ($20). Read several reviews on it after I bought it. None the less, the reviews I read up on after I bought it were right on the nose.

Yes, Laser mouse's are the way to go for a complete gamer as myself. But listen, this Copperhead Laser, sometimes would not turn on with the computer, thus you would have to unplug the USB, and plug back in. As well as, the Lens would easily get dirty on a brand new mouse pad. Which if you don't know this will stop your movements, or make them jumpy at times.

I've taken it back, now I'm trying Microsoft’s 6000 laser. If you have big hands, like myself, not the mouse for you. I'm 6'2, 210, with above average size hands. The mouse is too low to give you comfort, since your palm has no resting spot. Your upper palm will start to ache after an hour of game play. In all though, still much better then my old Logitech 510. Laser mice are just so smooth, and accurate.

Tomorrow though, I am taken this Laser mouse back, since I was trying to go the cheap way to have a laser. I'm exchanging it for a Logitech G5.

I will edit my review later in the weekend after I've tried it for a couple days.

Just wanted to let you gamers know, the Copperhead, is not a mouse a gamer needs!!

kumana1

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
the g5 is a nice choice. i have the g7, the switch between optical and laser was like night and day. i used a belkin optical(unsure of the model) and the dpi was probably only 800 or so, the 2000 dpi on the g5/g7 is amazing. this thing is so much more sensitive and accurate, which means a lot in gaming.

xSunnYx

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
Honestly, i wouldn't recommend a Razer mouse to anybody.. unless you want diformed fingers lol!

I'm using a Razer Diamondback atm. (for 1,5 years.. over 8 hours a day use..) Keep index on left button, middle finger on right button, ring finger and teh pinky on the side.. During gaming i tend to push the ring finger and pinky a lil against the side.. so now both fingers turned abit clockwise..

So... Logitech G5 silver edition will be something i'll be buying in 2 weeks..

aceprowler

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
Yes, the Logitech G5 is a very nice laser mouse.. Don't know why I just didn't go with it from the start... Well, I know, my computer lighting is blue, and so was the Copperhead I bought!! LOL... STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!! :roll:

Used the G5 for hours now, can't complain one bit!! Love the texture of the mouse too!!

So, yes, go Logitech, if going to a gaming laser mouse!!

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
go with the MX1000 its perfect for games, it doesnt have the fancy dpi options but you dont need them, and b4 anyone says something ive tried other mice and dont like them the bigger size of the MX1000 makes it very comfortable on my hands and lets me play longer. btw im also 6 foot 2.

aceprowler

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
Now that I've looked at the MX1000, yeah, doesn't look like a bad mouse, actually, looks like the same thing as the G5. So, looks like it's just a choice of corded, or cordless, lol. But still, laser is the way to go any way you look at it. I will never go back! Cordless always got me scared, because of battery life, and lag. But, from what it says, there is no difference. So, maybe by the time this G5 is crap, I'll invest in a cordless.

Really, I had a cordless once, 2yrs. ago. It took AA batteries. Well, it hit a wall going about 90mph. She didn't make it, lol. So said I would never get cordless again. lol.

Lith. Ion battery, how many hours before it does dead, and how long before it fully recharges?

Hmm, just read here that the G7, give you a secondary battery, recharges in 2hrs. Wow, Mice coming out the woodwork. http://reviews.designtechnica.com/review3352.html

G

Go for the G5 or G7. I had the MX 1000 and it's just too heavy.

As for the Razors: HANDS OFF. I had two razors in my career and the were both faulty from the start. I would never buy one again.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005

As for the Razors: HANDS OFF. I had two razors in my career and the were both faulty from the start. I would never buy one again.

i suppose the the weight is personal preference, i dont think the MX1000 feels heavy at all. as for battery life it depends how much you use it i use mine every day heavily and it'll last about 3 days before a recharge, i dont normally wait that long i leave it on charge everynight, the nice thing bout this mouse is there is no lag which was my biggest concern at the time going from wired to wireless.

G

i suppose the the weight is personal preference, i dont think the MX1000 feels heavy at all. as for battery life it depends how much you use it i use mine every day heavily and it'll last about 3 days before a recharge, i dont normally wait that long i leave it on charge everynight, the nice thing bout this mouse is there is no lag which was my biggest concern at the time going from wired to wireless.

You don't think it's heavy? I haven't had a heavier mouse ever. But if you like it...

gersson

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
I couldn't agree more. I wound up with my g7 cos the copperhead I bought didn't like my new PC.

The G7 is awesome except that the battery life is a little low. However, it comes with 2 large batteries so you can swap them in and out in a flash.

it's wireless and extremely responsive. Unfortunately, I bought mine @ best buy (yeah, yeah. I should have known better) for $100...Newegg has it for $60

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
I might recommend you go with the mx1000 if you like a bigger mouse but still want laser. It's only good for about a year or two, but it's an awesome mouse while it lasts. My battery wigged out on me a few days ago, and can't be replaced. I have the G5 now, and its a little smaller. That said, they're two completely different mice...the placement of the lens in the G5 is much better for stable movement IMHO. I miss having all the buttons that the mx1000 had though... The G5 just has 1 extra.

siggsy

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
Another G5 fan here! :D

I've had a few mice in my gaming time like many of us have and I can agree that the G5 has been the best so far. Razor mice have never been comfortable for me at all and wouldn't buy another without testing them first.

I think one of the best features of the G5 is the cartridge for the weights, as this makes getting the mouse to the perfect weight for you a breeze.

For me it does have one downfall and that is that it only has one side button. This button defaults as a "back page" facility in IE but it would be nice to have a "forward" button as well.

In games, being able to change the dpi settings whilst in game is fantastic because sometimes the full 2000 dpi is a bit too sensitive for me.

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006

Yes, u gotta love the mx1000, great cordless mouse, and about being heavy, it helps on the accuracy. Not to mention the full hand support...
Cons: €80

Human1

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
Ahh, the MX1000 :D
Had this mouse for nearly a year and it rocks! Love the response and feel of the mouse. Very nice button placement, even for us big hand types. Recommended.

cheetsy

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
yeah im an mx1000 user, also, as we all see to be sharing this information 6 foot 2 lol, im 6 foot 2, not the mouse, just want to make that clear

that would be a sodding big mouse

anywayyy

mx1000 lovely, and the vertical charger stand thing is ace

penguin_d

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
I too experienced the dissapointment in the Copperhead.

I used a Diamondback for about a year and a half, the most amazing mouse I have ever (and now still) used. However, I didn't see any difference in performance from the lazer copperhead and 2000DPI LED based Diamonback.

So I took the cash I droped on the copperhead and bought a DVD burner. So my suggestion until Laser mice get cheap. Go with a diamonback they have identical performance, run great, they are comfortable and best of all they be much cheaper.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
I might recommend you go with the mx1000 if you like a bigger mouse but still want laser. It's only good for about a year or two, but it's an awesome mouse while it lasts. My battery wigged out on me a few days ago, and can't be replaced. I have the G5 now, and its a little smaller. That said, they're two completely different mice...the placement of the lens in the G5 is much better for stable movement IMHO. I miss having all the buttons that the mx1000 had though... The G5 just has 1 extra.

i had a bit of a problem with the battery awhile back(wouldnt charge) turned out all i had to do was clean the gold contacts and it worked perfect again, had the mouse for about 2yr and a half...so its well worth the money.

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
I got the Bluetooth MX1000 (Are they all?) with the MX5000 keyboard, and I love it. It was a bit of an adjustment from my MS Explorer, but it's nice, light for a wireless, accurate, and the battery lasts me a fairly long time (I get about a week out of it, and charge it at 1 bar).

My only real complaint about it is that the Setpoint software seems to have a problem. I'll have to reinstall it from the CD and see if that fixes the issue though.

G

The Razer Copperhead Is the best mouse to date. If you don't know that, its because your a :roll: noob. Sorry :(

That's just crap. Firstly: If you like a mouse or not depends on your needs and preferences. Second: Just read the reviews of The Logi G5's and G7s. They are at least equal (in terms of performance) to the copperhead.

So much for you sloppy constructive remark about noobs.

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
I got the Bluetooth MX1000 (Are they all?) with the MX5000 keyboard, and I love it. It was a bit of an adjustment from my MS Explorer, but it's nice, light for a wireless, accurate, and the battery lasts me a fairly long time (I get about a week out of it, and charge it at 1 bar).

My only real complaint about it is that the Setpoint software seems to have a problem. I'll have to reinstall it from the CD and see if that fixes the issue though.

They work by rf @2.4 Ghz. mx900 used bluetooth.

cheetsy

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
The Razer Copperhead Is the best mouse to date. If you don't know that, its because your a :roll: noob. Sorry :(

That's just crap. Firstly: If you like a mouse or not depends on your needs and preferences. Second: Just read the reviews of The Logi G5's and G7s. They are at least equal (in terms of performance) to the copperhead.

So much for you sloppy constructive remark about noobs.

hear hear, well said fluff, no place for jack asses like him in these forrums!!!

camplo

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
Hey, look, here's a place :arrow:
If you want the fastest car. Buy what ever model that equals the definition of "the fastest car". If you want the most accurate mouse, buy a copperhead. Its that simple. Who cares if you think the interior looks better in the car that took 2nd, metaphorically speaking.

cheetsy

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
yeah but you didnt say that, you said "the best mouse to date", and there are many things that might or indeed might not constitute something being the best

its all in the wording! :twisted: