Question Razor Wolverine Ultimate: when holding button on ABXY it registers as a single press

Spades0

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015
When I need to hold an ABXY button, it is like the hold gets interrupted and it registers as a quick press. For example, when I need to hold it to jump high in a game (such as Hollow Knight) the knight only does a very short jump. I tried to fix it by cleaning the controller but this did not seem to help. The issue occurs perhaps every 3-10% of button presses. I have actually only noticed this effect in Hollow Knight. Doesn't seem to happen in Ori... any advice?

Lutfij

Titan
I tried to fix it by cleaning the controller but this did not seem to help.
How did you clean the controller?

Maybe use the controller on another system, with the same game, and see if the same issue persists on the other system. Might want to also see if the same issue with button presses happens with other titles. Razor's gear have always ended up failing either just before, on or the day after the warranty had expired.

Spades0

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015
I tried to fix it by cleaning the controller but this did not seem to help.
How did you clean the controller?

Maybe use the controller on another system, with the same game, and see if the same issue persists on the other system. Might want to also see if the same issue with button presses happens with other titles. Razor's gear have always ended up failing either just before, on or the day after the warranty had expired.

Simply cleaned the controller by rubbing alcohol around the ABXY buttons using a cotton swab and pressing the buttons repeatedly. Not sure how to open the controller for a more thorough clean. There are no screws I can undo and I do not want to break it by trying to force it open...

Anyway... the controller started working fine again apparently on its own. If the issue returns I will follow your suggestion by testing it on another PC.

Reactions: Lutfij

Lutfij

Titan
Thank you for offering a follow up to your predicament!

Might also want to see if the controller does have any firmware updates. I'd tread carefully with Razer gear since I gave up on them after they'd failed on me spectacularly. They're all hype with a premium and they lack in quality.