[SOLVED] RBG fans + other fan question

Solution
The case came with 4x rgb fans. Each fan has 2 wires. It's got an rgb wire and a fan wire. Cases like that usually gave some sort of hub or switch to control the RGB, so I can't say exactly what goes where. All I can say is you have an rgb header that the lights plug into and a fan header the fans plug into. How you split them up or use hubs ie switches is upto you and how the case is wired or not wired.

RGB is one circuit, Fan is a different circuit. They aren't the same thing. You can have a bunch of lights and not a single fan move, or a bunch of moving fans and not a single light. So start with getting all the fans hooked up and moving in the way you want, then worry about the lights. You won't change the fan hookup, you can...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Stop. Lol. OK an rgb/argb fan is not 1 circuit. It's 2 completely different and seperate circuits, a fan and a light strip. They just happen to be glued together.

So fan control, power, header is one thing.
Lighting control, power, header is another.

Right now you only have the fans working, so forget about them, they might as well not exist, you are working on getting the light strip working.

Which is not plugged in yet. You'll need to take the large 4pin plug (picture 1) and plug it into the RGB header on the motherboard, from there the other end or splitters or whatever, plugs into the lighting plug on the fans.

As to why the Noctua fan isn't spinning, it could be bacause its on the wrong splitter lead. Every splitter has a Master lead and multiple slaves. The motherboard only sees the Master, the slaves are invisible, control the master and the slaves follow. If there's nothing on the master lead, to the motherboard there's nothing plugged in that header, it reads 0 rpm empty. Check the splitters, check the header, make sure all is correctly installed. If the RGB fans are voltage DC 3pin and moving too slow, and the Noctua is pwm, you may not have sufficient voltage to make it spin, pwm needs 12v.

Nov 2, 2015
Stop. Lol. OK an rgb/argb fan is not 1 circuit. It's 2 completely different and seperate circuits, a fan and a light strip. They just happen to be glued together.

So fan control, power, header is one thing.
Lighting control, power, header is another.

Right now you only have the fans working, so forget about them, they might as well not exist, you are working on getting the light strip working.

Which is not plugged in yet. You'll need to take the large 4pin plug (picture 1) and plug it into the RGB header on the motherboard, from there the other end or splitters or whatever, plugs into the lighting plug on the fans.

As to why the Noctua fan isn't spinning, it could be bacause its on the wrong splitter lead. Every splitter has a Master lead and multiple slaves. The motherboard only sees the Master, the slaves are invisible, control the master and the slaves follow. If there's nothing on the master lead, to the motherboard there's nothing plugged in that header, it reads 0 rpm empty. Check the splitters, check the header, make sure all is correctly installed. If the RGB fans are voltage DC 3pin and moving too slow, and the Noctua is pwm, you may not have sufficient voltage to make it spin, pwm needs 12v.

um what?
it doesnt plug into psu?
so im pluging one of the 4 slots into the motherboard the other side i have no clue can you explain like im a handicap please lol
my speed fan wont even let me change the power of the fans

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Only things that require direct power plug into psu. Like drives, gpu etc. Anything that uses controlled power goes through the motherboard. Fans and lighting is controlled. So no, it does not plug into the psu directly.

Find your rgb header, it's usually labeled jrgb1 or some such. Look on your manual for where. Rgb splitter plugs into that. Rgb plug from fans plugs into the splitter. If you have too many fans, plug another splitter into the first and plug more fans in. Maximum of 5 fans total for RGB. Load in RGB Software, iCue, Msi mystic light, Asus Aura etc. Change light colors and affects.

That's lighting. Now forget it exists, like you now own plain blank fans. Fans are seperate. The Noctua doesn't work. Why? Describe how many wires are on each fan lead, 3 or 4. How many on the Noctua, 3 or 4. Are they all plugged into a splitter, seperate headers, which headers.

Nov 2, 2015
Only things that require direct power plug into psu. Like drives, gpu etc. Anything that uses controlled power goes through the motherboard. Fans and lighting is controlled. So no, it does not plug into the psu directly.

Find your rgb header, it's usually labeled jrgb1 or some such. Look on your manual for where. Rgb splitter plugs into that. Rgb plug from fans plugs into the splitter. If you have too many fans, plug another splitter into the first and plug more fans in. Maximum of 5 fans total for RGB. Load in RGB Software, iCue, Msi mystic light, Asus Aura etc. Change light colors and affects.

That's lighting. Now forget it exists, like you now own plain blank fans. Fans are seperate. The Noctua doesn't work. Why? Describe how many wires are on each fan lead, 3 or 4. How many on the Noctua, 3 or 4. Are they all plugged into a splitter, seperate headers, which headers.
oh yeah the noctua fans arnt rbg but case came with 4 rbg fans that are installed but i cant figure it out
so it layment terms what ur saying is
rbg header goes into motherboard
now im confused as to what to do next becuase my front fans all of them are pluged into a fan splitter because i dont have enough headers
are you saying plug the rbg fans into the header?
sorry for the stupidness im really new to pc builds

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The case came with 4x rgb fans. Each fan has 2 wires. It's got an rgb wire and a fan wire. Cases like that usually gave some sort of hub or switch to control the RGB, so I can't say exactly what goes where. All I can say is you have an rgb header that the lights plug into and a fan header the fans plug into. How you split them up or use hubs ie switches is upto you and how the case is wired or not wired.

RGB is one circuit, Fan is a different circuit. They aren't the same thing. You can have a bunch of lights and not a single fan move, or a bunch of moving fans and not a single light. So start with getting all the fans hooked up and moving in the way you want, then worry about the lights. You won't change the fan hookup, you can forget the fan exists. You are now trying to power up a light bulb.

Solution
Nov 2, 2015

RGB is one circuit, Fan is a different circuit. They aren't the same thing. You can have a bunch of lights and not a single fan move, or a bunch of moving fans and not a single light. So start with getting all the fans hooked up and moving in the way you want, then worry about the lights. You won't change the fan hookup, you can forget the fan exists. You are now trying to power up a light bulb.
ohhh right cheers man that was quite helpful i was wondering why there was extra cables