RCT3 help... Game won't load

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

I keep getting a message saying DirectX is not installed, blah blah blah.

I reinstalled that portion from the disc, that didn't work. I downloaded
all the latest version from Microsoft, that didn't work... What now?

"lkng4chubs" <cjbeltowski@midco.net> wrote in message
>I keep getting a message saying DirectX is not installed, blah blah blah.
>
> I reinstalled that portion from the disc, that didn't work. I downloaded
> all the latest version from Microsoft, that didn't work... What now?

You could try uninstalling the whole game, and then you have to delete the
folders that the game leaves behind in your My Documents folder, as there
should be an RCT folder in there. You have to do this manually as the
uninstall process does not get rid of these, and it is sometimes something
in there that is causing the problem.

I know I tried doing this as mine would not load, but never bothered to
delete the folders in my documents. If you do this then make sure your
recycle bin is emptied so the folders are gone before you reinstall. Also
check the correct version of Direct X is installed.

SnapShot

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2004

Dino M wrote:
> "lkng4chubs" <cjbeltowski@midco.net> wrote in message
>
>>I keep getting a message saying DirectX is not installed, blah blah blah.
>>
>>I reinstalled that portion from the disc, that didn't work. I downloaded
>>all the latest version from Microsoft, that didn't work... What now?
>>

> You could try uninstalling the whole game, and then you have to delete the
> folders that the game leaves behind in your My Documents folder, as there
> should be an RCT folder in there. You have to do this manually as the
> uninstall process does not get rid of these, and it is sometimes something
> in there that is causing the problem.
>
> I know I tried doing this as mine would not load, but never bothered to
> delete the folders in my documents. If you do this then make sure your
> recycle bin is emptied so the folders are gone before you reinstall. Also
> check the correct version of Direct X is installed.

Rather than deleting the RCT3 folder in My Documents, might I suggest
renaming it? All of your custom parks and rides are stored there.
After reinstalling, move the parks and rides back to the new RCT3
folder. If you do them one at a time, you'll find which file is bombing.

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

I got it to load... Apparently someone had switched off the ATI accelerator
and I didn't know. Once I turned it back on, it was fine. Thanks.