I've lost the recycle bin from my desktop. I cannot find it by doing a
search or using Windows Explorer. At this point, I have no idea where
deleted files are going, although I still get a prompt asking me if I want to
send them to the recycle bin. Assuming I still have a recylce bin, I'd like
to empty it. Can anyone help me recover it?

Recycle Bin Does Not Appear on the Desktop
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810869

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:70B432C1-0AD2-4D7B-91CB-98D83C3D9E73@microsoft.com,
JSilver <JSilver@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I've lost the recycle bin from my desktop. I cannot find it by doing a
> search or using Windows Explorer. At this point, I have no idea where
> deleted files are going, although I still get a prompt asking me if I
> want to send them to the recycle bin. Assuming I still have a recylce
> bin, I'd like to empty it. Can anyone help me recover it?

Thanks. I had to use the "workaround," but that did it.