FITCamaro

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
I'm looking at upgrading soon and plan to go with a motherboard based on the ATI RD580 chipset. I'd like to get the Asus one since its cheaper than the DFI and I don't plan any extreme overclocks (Opty 170 to 2.5GHz so 250x10 with 4x HT multiplier and DDR500 RAM).

I'd also like to get the Zalman CNPS9500 LED but Zalman doesn't have it on the list of compatible motherboards. This is either because it doesn't fit or maybe just because its a new board and they haven't added it yet.

Does anyone have any RD580 board (preferably the Asus) with the Zalman 9500 heatsink? Does it fit?

No BS about "wait for AM2" or "wait for Conroe" either. Take your mothers advise and STFU if you don't have anything useful to say.

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
I don't have the 580 board but I do have that cooler and I can tell you that it comes with everything under the sun to mount it many different ways to basically make it fit. I don't know if you've ever had experience with a 9500 before but, I just wanted to at least throw that in. I don't see why it wouldn't work at all.

FITCamaro

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
Well you need 45mm of clearance to both sides in the front and back and it looked like the heatsink for the voltage regulators would get in the way.

But I sent Zalman an email and they promtly responded saying it will fit.