[SOLVED] Rdimm vs Udimm RAM

Feb 13, 2021
Hi everyone

I'm planning buy Ryzen 3900x with asus prime x570-P motherboard. I need ecc ram coz heavy calculations. I have seen rdimm ram and udimm ecc . Which one will be good for my motherboard? I don't know if I'm allowed to post links on the rams. I need 32gb stick and altogether 128gb ram. Thank you for any advice and help.

Solution
Thank you very much. That's mean I can't get 128gb ecc ram just non-ecc. Are the non-ecc ram do lots mistakes?
non-ecc do make more mistakes. I notice my ecc registered systems have much, much longer uptimes than my non-ecc systems, and I think that is completely related to the ram.

If you need a lot of ram, ditch consumer stuff and get a pre-built workstation from HP or Dell where you can use ecc registered ram and a lot more than 128GB. I have 256GB in my HP z420, and that's an older workstation. 512GB and 768GB is not unheard of in modern workstations.
Thank you very much. That's mean I can't get 128gb ecc ram just non-ecc. Are the non-ecc ram do lots mistakes?
non-ecc do make more mistakes. I notice my ecc registered systems have much, much longer uptimes than my non-ecc systems, and I think that is completely related to the ram.

If you need a lot of ram, ditch consumer stuff and get a pre-built workstation from HP or Dell where you can use ecc registered ram and a lot more than 128GB. I have 256GB in my HP z420, and that's an older workstation. 512GB and 768GB is not unheard of in modern workstations.

Reactions: pepek
Solution