jp

All of a sudden my laptop is not acception RD connections.
It was working at some point, then remote desktop was disconnected, and half
an hour later the RDC was returning an error along the lines of "Can't
connect: computer is not accepting connections or is too busy".

As far as I know, nothing has been changed about the computer.
Haven't been able to connect since, neither over VPN nor local LAN.

At the time when it first broke, there were 8 similar errors posted to the
event log, all in the space of 5 minutes:

Source: TermDD
EventID: 50
User: N/A
The RDP protocol component X.224 detected an error in the protocol stream
and has disconnected the client.

Any idea what happened and how to fix it?
thanks!

Have you rebooted the "server" (if it is accessible)?

---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
http://www.networkblog.net (My Networking Blog)
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com (Support Site)

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 16:20:02 -0700, "jp" <jp@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>All of a sudden my laptop is not acception RD connections.
>It was working at some point, then remote desktop was disconnected, and half
>an hour later the RDC was returning an error along the lines of "Can't
>connect: computer is not accepting connections or is too busy".
>
>As far as I know, nothing has been changed about the computer.
>Haven't been able to connect since, neither over VPN nor local LAN.
>
>At the time when it first broke, there were 8 similar errors posted to the
>event log, all in the space of 5 minutes:
>
>Source: TermDD
>EventID: 50
>User: N/A
>The RDP protocol component X.224 detected an error in the protocol stream
>and has disconnected the client.
>
>Any idea what happened and how to fix it?
>thanks!

jp

Yes, I have rebooted the server multiple times.