Question RDR2 Crashing

Hello, it's been a while since I needed help with something.

Specs:
Asus Rampage Formula X48
Intel Q9650 [4.15 GHz]
8 GB DDR2 [920 MHz]
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
320 GB HDD x4 [RAID, Striped]
Seasonic 650 80+ Bronze

So basically, I'm able to start the game, but when I try to load into the story it crashes. I'm able to access all of the menus.

I have tried:
Removing overclock
BIOS Update
Updating Windows
Updating Drivers
Vulkan/Direct X 12 API
Windowed Mode
Minimum Graphics
Using a different storage device
Running as administrator
Running High Priority
Shell commands: "sfc /scannow" - "DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth"

I am pretty much out of ideas. I was just curious if it would run on this machine, but it's looking like lack of CPU instructions. What do you think?

Last edited:

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
Hello, it's been a while since I needed help with something.

Specs:
Asus Rampage Formula X48
Intel Q9650 [4.15 GHz]
8 GB DDR2 [920 MHz]
Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
320 GB HDD x4 [RAID, Striped]
Seasonic 650 80+ Bronze

So basically, I'm able to start the game, but when I try to load into the story it crashes. I'm able to access all of the menus.

I have tried:
Removing overclock
BIOS Update
Updating Windows
Updating Drivers
Vulkan/Direct X 12 API
Windowed Mode
Minimum Graphics
Using a different storage device
Running as administrator
Running High Priority
Shell commands: "sfc /scannow" - "DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth"

I am pretty much out of ideas. I was just curious if it would run on this machine, but it's looking like lack of CPU instructions. What do you think?

Are you getting any error messages when it crashes? Does the screen change color, like blue or black? Is the PC rebooting or just crashing to the desktop? Which storage device do you have your operating system and video games installed on, the HDD or the SSD? Also, you should get another 8 gbs of ram. A lot of games will claim 8 gigs is the minimum, but really, 16 gbs should be considered the true minimum for video games.

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
Read the event logs in windows like a normal person would have done in the first place. I got the error that corresponds with a cpu instruction exception.

Still can't run RDR2 on my potato though.

Yeah, looks like you need a major upgrade. Everything looks ok except your mother board and CPU. That motherboard is still using long obsolete DDR2 RAM. Its high time your replace those, and make sure you get 16 gbs of system ram.