Oct 28, 2016
get extremely bad performance in this game. It's unacceptable. PC Specs -
CPU -5820k(4.3ghz),
Ram- 16gigs ddr4,
GPU- RTX 2070 also OCd.
Game installed on an SSD.
Windows 10 pro
Mother B- Asus x99 3.1

I've tried many "fixes" nothing seems to work. I get an average around 30fps, regardless of what I do. I normally play at 1440p, but even attempted 1080p on LOW settings, that MAYBE bumped up my fps avg. to 38. I get highs of 40fps and lows of 19 fps. I've changed every graphical setting inside AND outside of the game. I also updated my video driver!!!!!

At this point, I think there needs to be another patch either from Nvidia or From Rockstar. There is really no reason it should run that badly on my system. I've seen it run avg 60fps on worse system on a mix of med/high graphics. With that said, I'd love to know if anyone else out there using the same CPU and/or moba, are having similar issues. I know this game has many problems, however I've not heard of the issues I list above. I'm not getting crashing or freezzing/stuttering. Just really bad fps, even at lowest settings.

If anyone knows a fix, or has an idea please share.

SillyNoob

Reputable
Oct 28, 2016
make and model of the psu?
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram/ssd/hdd usage?

SSD- Samsung 850 evo 500gb (mz-75e500b/am) Unsure of usage, I'll have to take a look at that in a few hours.

Psu- I can't remember exactly what it is, and its hard to get to. However I believe it was evga gold rated 1000w I could look into that later too if you think it would help.

Usage of ram, I think was around 9gigs.

CPU temps are good, 45c avg, highs around 60ish. CPU usage is only like 15%, even though I make sure to have everything else turned of in the background. No browsers opened or anything.

GPU usage is typically 100, or high 90s. Temps here also good, I want to say 70 is the highest I normally see, average is probably around 60-65.

SillyNoob

Reputable
Oct 28, 2016
I read the article, its funny, all i really get from that is the fact they have a computer with similar performance to mine, and get significant better fps. XD I don't think that's the reason you posted it, more so pointing out there's a lot of problems with the game. its a bummer for sure.

SillyNoob

Reputable
Oct 28, 2016
The game is optimized like ass. Everyone is suffering from horrible performance.

This is but isn't true. A friend of mine has a 1060TI and enjoys nice sooth 60 fps on high settings. While another friend has a 2080 ti, getting over 80fps on 1440p mix of high and ultra settings. So while its true this game is badly optimized, it is running well for some.

SillyNoob

Reputable
Oct 28, 2016
So I'm using intel extreme tuning utility graph to see this. Aparently when in game, I'm only using one of my 6 cores. Could this be the cause of my poor frames? If so any idea how to fix it?

SillyNoob

Reputable
Oct 28, 2016
I tested this with another game, battlefront 2, and it uses 1-6 cores depending on what's going on in the game. at 1440p almost max settings, I get 60-80fps in big multiplayer mode. Windows is updated, as far as chip set driver i'm unsure, I'm not even sure how to check that.