Re-arranging My Storage

NiaNia

Honorable
Sep 30, 2015
Hello All!

I play games, and I assume most of you do as well, and one thing that you can count on about games is their size. With every new installment of your favorite series or brand new update on the on-going Triple AAA titles, the size will always get bigger. I have a total of 3 drives, including the Windows Drive, amounting to roughly 1.2tb. Of this 1.2tb worth of space, I have 200gb free. I am pretty good about spacial management and have been going on that for quite a while. But I would really like to sort everything out and be able to have that closure since my steam folders are spanned across all of them.

My plan is to buy an SSD dedicated to games, and keep the Hard-drives for low-profile games/un-related things. I also possess a laptop that I use for important stuff, and the computer is strictly for entertainment. With that in mind I don't care a whole lot about what would be lost but more importantly the steps I must take.

My current plan is to format all my current drives (With the exception of the C: drive, because I don't have the strength to get into that right now.) and then re-install everything. My expectation is a huge internet bill and long installation times. I'd say a much better alternative would be to use Windows 10's "Reset This PC" option to clean every drive (Including C:) and not have to Clean the C: drive via BIOS then re-install windows, but i'm not entirely sure what "Reset This PC" will actually do other than the few things I have read about it.

If you have any better way I should go about this or any general suggestions i'm open to them all.

As this is an entertainment PC and from your description are going to download again, then just setup all the HDD's in JBOD and create one big HDD. No protection from data loss, but you do get a slight performanc increase

I wuold also put the swapfile and Windows temp folder on it to reduce wear on the SSD.