Question Re-build w/no screen, keyboard, or mouse working

ann97

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2013
I rebuilt my pc from 2013. It began 2 days ago with a blue screen, WHEA_uncorrectable error. I was able to get it to boot enough to run Norton scan on it and it was clear. It would also shut down and tell me it was working on correcting the disc. Tried to keep trouble shooting and couldn't find anything other than the CPU was running at 100%, which was odd. Finally wouldn't boot, turn on and shut down til black screen.

Went and got a new PSU and case thinking it was the PSU. Did the rebuild last night. Turn it on and now it won't power the screen, keyboard, mouse, and I don't hear it booting up. Light is on the mother board at the audio section on the board.

So far I have unclipped the cmos battery and pushed it back in, pulled the ram sticks, sat one instead of 2 and tried both, nothing.

Build
MSI Z87 G45 MB
Intel i7-4700k 4th gen
EVGA GTX 770 2g overclock series
Corsair H60 cooler (applied new paste in rebuild)
Samsung 120gb ssd for windows 10
WD blue 1tb for D drive
Corsair vengeance 16gb x2
Corsair RM750 (new PSU)

Any ideas???? I use this computer for work and I'm gonna be fired if I take off more days this coming week due to this system.

Lutfij

Titan
By re-build, what parts were upgraded or replaced? Might want to inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins, if you took the processor out of the motherboard. Make sure all connections from the PSU to all components are secure. Might want to see if making an 90 degree anticlockwise rotation for each screw on the AIO's mount to see if that alleviates the issue.

You could breadboard the system and see if that alleviates the issue. If that solves the problem, you have a short in your case.

ann97

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2013
By re-build, what parts were upgraded or replaced? Might want to inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins, if you took the processor out of the motherboard. Make sure all connections from the PSU to all components are secure. Might want to see if making an 90 degree anticlockwise rotation for each screw on the AIO's mount to see if that alleviates the issue.

You could breadboard the system and see if that alleviates the issue. If that solves the problem, you have a short in your case.

Thanks. I only replaced the PSU and the case because I figured it was a PSU issue. I did take out the CPU, but would that cause even the fans to not power on the MB?

I'm going to take your advice and take the entire thing apart again and try to start the MB out of the case and see. Ugh....will report back tomorrow.

ann97

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2013
It's the MB. That didn't take long to figure out. Took the entire thing apart and started the MB with the keyboard plugged in and a fan and nothing powered. Got a small jump to the fan as I was switching the power off. MB is dead.

ASK THE COMMUNITY