[SOLVED] Re-enable boot from hdd

Mar 7, 2020
Hi,
So, i was using my OS on my hdd normally, but yesterday i bought 2 ssds and decided to install win10 on the small one.
Now i have 2 OS trying to boot when i start my pc, it gives me that screen to choose which one i want to start.
I was looking into how to disable my hdd's boot and i found out that i can do it through msconfig>boot>select hdd>delete.
My question: Is there a way to re-enable the boot from the hdd after i delete it on msconfig?
Thanks in advance and sorry if this is the wrong section, first time posting.

Solution
Yes exactaly.
So, in order to fix this should i just format the ssd, take the hdd out and re-install the OS into the ssd?
Doing this will i still be able to transfer files between them?
Yes and yes.
The old drive will seen as simply another drive letter.

And you don't need to "format" the SSD before. Just delete all existing partitions on it as you go through the install process.
Have you tried changing the boot order of the drives in the motherboard BIOS first? In the boot order simply set the SSD as top priority and disable everything else. That should boot you directly into the SSD without prompting to choose. And if you want to boot bakc into the HDD instead you just use the boot override feature in the BIOS to boot directly into the HDD.

Mar 7, 2020
Yes, i actually removed my hdd from my bios list, it says Disabled on the hdd side, but i still get the dual boot screen and i can still boot the hdd.

Mar 7, 2020
I noticed that there is a "boot manager" on the list, that apparently is installed on my hdd because it has writen inside () toshiba, which is my hdd. If i disable that and leave my ssd only, nothing boots and i get back to the bios. So, now i have boot 1: my os ssd, boot 2: this boot manager, nothing else, otherwise the os doesnt boot.

USAFRet

Titan
When you installed the OS on the SSD, was the HDD still in there?
And now you get a blue menu to choose which to boot from?

This resulted in the SSD boot partition and info simply being merged with the old HDD.
Take out the HDD, and no boot for you. The SSD has no boot partition.

Mar 7, 2020
Yes exactaly.
So, in order to fix this should i just format the ssd, take the hdd out and re-install the OS into the ssd?
Or is there a way to split the boot?

USAFRet

Titan
Yes exactaly.
Yes and yes.
The old drive will seen as simply another drive letter.

And you don't need to "format" the SSD before. Just delete all existing partitions on it as you go through the install process.

Solution