Re-install gone horribly wrong, driver help needed

Aug 4, 2015
Okay, I'm just going to outright say it. I suck with computers. I tried re-installing windows today using USB boot but I was far from successful... I think there was a compatibility problem maybe? Anyway, after a while of me scratching my head I decided to try burning my own disk using the ISO file (yes, I'm the pillock who lost his install disk as you'd probably already guessed...). I popped the disk into my disk reader and nothing happened. I even tried going through the boot menu to specifically load from the disk but no joy. It just told me to enter boot media... Frustrating... Anyway, I think it may be a driver issue? I've never used a disk reader in this current machine, I pulled it out from my old case from years ago... Advice? Is it possible to install drivers without an OS? I've been at this for hours guys, please help me out, any advice is appreciated. There are no bad ideas at this point!

Aug 4, 2015

I did burn to DVD, my only pen drive big enough to hold he install is a USB 3 drive. My motherboard only supports USB 2.0, but, the pen drive worked fine for saving / transporting files in my 2.0 ports... Will this still work? Thanks for responding!

Aug 4, 2015

I tried all of ha before for hours :( I kept getting the infamous "Couldn't create a new partition" error.

TRENDING THREADS