Re-installing drivers

lisa1128

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Hi,

I recently had my Dell computer wiped by a professional. However, he took off before it was completed. Now I seem to be missing three drivers: network adapter, ethernet controller, and PCI simple communications controller. I can't connect to the internet on that computer, so I am using a spare for now, which I can use to download drivers and move via USB. I've looked at the Dell website, but I don't know which drivers I need, or how to install them on the computer with missing drivers.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

lisa1128

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Hi! I did that, and it gave me 11 different drivers. And I think some drivers downloaded to my computer, just those three didn't seem to be working. So I don't know which ones I need from the listed drivers.. or how to install them. I did download them all, but I'm confused on how to get them onto the right computer.

lisa1128

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
It worked! (kinda). With that driver, I can now connect to internet using a cable. However, the wireless still is not working. When I clicked "troubleshoot options" it suggested that I ensure an ethernet cable is connected to both the computer and the router. No mention of wireless networks at all. If you have any suggestions for this, I'd be really grateful.

But either way, thank you so, so much for the help! Even using the cable and connecting my computer all the time is better than no internet at all. Thanks again :)