Re-label 'System' disk

doh

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
A simple-looking question.
In W7, is it 'safe' (i.e., a transparent operation with no side effect) to change the label of a system disk, that usually has the letter C:, and has windows on it ?
I mean, open file explorer > R-click on C: > properties, and in the box at the top alter the label from whatever is there (mine says 'windows') to something else, say 'Doh' . Note the letter C: assigned to drive is not changed.

A simple 'Yes' or 'No' will suffice !

Doh!
6.March.2017

HP Pavilion dm4 1xxx, 8GB RAM, W7 Home Premium / W7 Pro.

Solution
Yes it's possible, I do the same action on all the system's I work/repair. I just simply select the drive I'd like to edit(it's label) and tap on F2 on the keyboard, boom, just type what you want the drive to read when you go into Windows Explorer.

Lutfij

Titan
Yes it's possible, I do the same action on all the system's I work/repair. I just simply select the drive I'd like to edit(it's label) and tap on F2 on the keyboard, boom, just type what you want the drive to read when you go into Windows Explorer.

Solution

doh

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Great ! I want to have some way of distinguishing my cloned backup from the original ! I'd prefer if you didn't use the word 'boom', Lutfij :)

Doh!
6.March.2017

TRENDING THREADS