Re-occuring BSOD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

john the swift

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
Hello i have a re-occuring bsod that is getting on my nerves and i cannot find an explanation
the error code is.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050031
BCP3: 00000000000406F8
BCP4: FFFFF80002E4ED0C
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

My computer is running
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
office 2003
zonealarm extreme security suite
logitech gaming panel, msi afterburner

computer hardware is
Asus striker 2 formula mobo
8 gb ddr2 800mhz corsair
60GB SSD patriot inferno
msi gtx 465
m850w power supply
q9550 cpu

i would appreciate any help in diagnosing and fixing this issue, just let me know what information you need

also getting this error in event viewer
The following fatal alert was generated: 10. The internal error state is 10.
source schannel event id36888
^ any ideas?
(NOTE this is a FRESH reinstall done 2 days ago)

john the swift

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
the programs i use are.... firefox. windows live, k lite codec pack, flash, flash for other browsers, java, .net framework, silverlight, adobe air, adobe shockwave, irfan view, adobe reader, malware bytes anti malware, steam, utorrent, origin, media go, games for windows live marketplace, izarc, zonealarm, msi afterburner, logitech gaming panel, real temp, office 2003, piriform tools, and notepad ++.

nothing that could really cause a problem...
no double ups on anti viruses or firewalls... or codec packs... all software is up to date..

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Oh you give me a laugh..You have random recurring bsod. You are sure it is not a hardware issue and you are sure none of your software is at fault. Well like it or not you are in error. Something is causing the failure. If you won't take the time to isolate and resolve the issue then learn to live with it. GL

Try this...
1. I would suggest you to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue still persists
Restart the computer
Start tapping F8 key
You will get advanced boot option window
Using the arrow key select the option “Safe mode”

2. Check in device manager for the power options and check the box “Allow the device to wake up the computer” and uncheck “Allow this computer to turn off the device to save power”. Follow the steps mentioned below.
i. Click on Start and type “Device Manager” in the start search box and press Enter.
ii. Locate “Display Adapter” and right click.
iii. Select “Properties” and go to “Power Management” tab
iv. Check the box “Allow the device to wake up the computer” and uncheck” Allow this computer to turn off the device to save power”.
v. Click on Apply and then ok.

arson94

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Good luck, hopefully it won't bluescreen again but at least now we can try to analyze the dump. It should be C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP if I remember correctly. You may have a couple already to analyze.

arson94

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Pyree has a point, I think memory.dmp files are hidden and they may be considered protected operating system files as well.

Type "folder options" in the start menu search field
click the view tab
check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
uncheck "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)."
You can uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" as well if you want.