Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

I have found out which motherboard Manu (thanks to several prompts from NG
members )
and downloaded a new driver.

The download went OK but I now get the following ...........

'Cannot install this hardware

There was a problem installing this hardware

Multi media audio controller

Access is denied'

Very frustrating to get so far and for it to stop with no reason !

The only idea I have is do I disable the existing one before the update ?

Any further ideas greatly appreciated

Many thanks !

Jim

You shouldn't have to disable the current driver in order to load the newer
version. But, it can't hurt to try it - what's the worst that can happen?
No sound? You're already at that point :).

Make sure that when you are installing the drivers that you are using an
account with Adminstrator privileges.

Also, you might want to try the download again and see if the files are the
same size, etc - just to rule out a corrupted download.

"jimbo" wrote:

> I have found out which motherboard Manu (thanks to several prompts from NG
> members )
> and downloaded a new driver.
>
> The download went OK but I now get the following ...........
>

> 'Cannot install this hardware
>
> There was a problem installing this hardware
>
> Multi media audio controller
>
> Access is denied'
>

> Very frustrating to get so far and for it to stop with no reason !
>
> The only idea I have is do I disable the existing one before the update ?
>
> Any further ideas greatly appreciated
>

> Many thanks !
>
> Jim

dl

you sure you selected correct mobo and driver for your o/s?

"jimbo" <owl2@herandnow.com> wrote in message
> I have found out which motherboard Manu (thanks to several prompts from NG
> members )
> and downloaded a new driver.
>
> The download went OK but I now get the following ...........
>

> 'Cannot install this hardware
>
> There was a problem installing this hardware
>
> Multi media audio controller
>
> Access is denied'
>

> Very frustrating to get so far and for it to stop with no reason !
>
> The only idea I have is do I disable the existing one before the update ?
>
> Any further ideas greatly appreciated
>

> Many thanks !
>
> Jim

Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

Success !!

Many thanks for all the input - I downloaded 'Everest'
which told me the Audio Device was : SiS 7012

A google search put me into the required Manu site (not the motherboard one
I had tried)

a quick 3 mg download later followed by a reboot and hey presto the media
players now work !

Nice to be working with sound again !

Thanks to everyone for their assistance.

Jim

"usasma" <usasma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You shouldn't have to disable the current driver in order to load the
> newer
> version. But, it can't hurt to try it - what's the worst that can happen?
> No sound? You're already at that point :).
>
> Make sure that when you are installing the drivers that you are using an
> account with Adminstrator privileges.
>
> Also, you might want to try the download again and see if the files are
> the
> same size, etc - just to rule out a corrupted download.
>
> "jimbo" wrote:
>
>> I have found out which motherboard Manu (thanks to several prompts from
>> NG
>> members )
>> and downloaded a new driver.
>>
>> The download went OK but I now get the following ...........
>>

>> 'Cannot install this hardware
>>
>> There was a problem installing this hardware
>>
>> Multi media audio controller
>>
>> Access is denied'
>>

>> Very frustrating to get so far and for it to stop with no reason !
>>
>> The only idea I have is do I disable the existing one before the update ?
>>
>> Any further ideas greatly appreciated
>>

>> Many thanks !
>>
>> Jim

All of which I told you 4 days ago in one of the 4 treads that you started
on the subject.
And I also seem to remember telling you to stick to one
tread................4 days wasted!!!
peterk

> Success !!
>
> Many thanks for all the input - I downloaded 'Everest'
> which told me the Audio Device was : SiS 7012
>
> A google search put me into the required Manu site (not the motherboard
> one I had tried)
>
> a quick 3 mg download later followed by a reboot and hey presto the media
> players now work !
>
> Nice to be working with sound again !
>
> Thanks to everyone for their assistance.
>
> Jim
>

> "usasma" <usasma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> You shouldn't have to disable the current driver in order to load the
>> newer
>> version. But, it can't hurt to try it - what's the worst that can
>> happen?
>> No sound? You're already at that point :).
>>
>> Make sure that when you are installing the drivers that you are using an
>> account with Adminstrator privileges.
>>
>> Also, you might want to try the download again and see if the files are
>> the
>> same size, etc - just to rule out a corrupted download.
>>
>> "jimbo" wrote:
>>
>>> I have found out which motherboard Manu (thanks to several prompts from
>>> NG
>>> members )
>>> and downloaded a new driver.
>>>
>>> The download went OK but I now get the following ...........
>>>

>>> 'Cannot install this hardware
>>>
>>> There was a problem installing this hardware
>>>
>>> Multi media audio controller
>>>
>>> Access is denied'
>>>

>>> Very frustrating to get so far and for it to stop with no reason !
>>>
>>> The only idea I have is do I disable the existing one before the update
>>> ?
>>>
>>> Any further ideas greatly appreciated
>>>

>>> Many thanks !
>>>
>>> Jim

Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

Not necessarily,

Many people had different ideas - was I not to respect their ideas and try
them also ?

So happens your idea worked for me- for which I am grateful.

Jim

TRENDING THREADS